JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung TV Q70A Bluetooth pairing crash with sony headset wh-1000xm4

(Topic created: 12-09-2022 09:45 AM)
plum117
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hi, for around a week now, I can no longer pair my Bluetooth headset Sony wh-1000xm4 with my Samsung TV Q70A. I was using the headset nearly daily even though it was not perfect, it was working. 

Now, each time I try to pair with the TV, I select the device, and it starts the pairing process just when I think it is working; the pairing crash on the Sony and the device is no longer paired.

STR:

• Open the TV, go to SmartThing's quick menu, and I can see wh-1000xm4
  • I hold the pairing button on the Sony until I hear 'bluetooth paring'
  • On TV (SmartThing's quick menu), I select the wh-1000xm4
  • I see the TV writing connecting, then connected
  • In the Sony headset, I hear 'Bluetooth pair....'. and then crash
  • The crash seems to be the voice staled at the end of the word paring saying 'ingggggggggggg'

The sony works well on other devices like computers (windows, mac) or bose speakers and phones (android, iPhone), so I guess something changes on the TV.

Please, I know SmartThing is a different department, but please be smart and forward it internally not to make me waste my time

I have found a workaround, it is not working 100%  of the time but often:

• Hold the power button of the TV remote so it close and also restart while still pressing the button
  • Pair the headset right away
  • Open Netflix after
  • I was able to pair it 3 times yet this way.

Second workaround (faster than the first, credit to @TargetPriority there

1. Go to setting > General > Accessibility > multi audio output
  2. Click on Multi-output Audio if nothing is appearing
  3. Select you bluetooth device then click connect
  4. Audio work in the bluetooth device

Note: The only disadvantage is that you can't use the TV remote for the headphones' volume control 

Thansk also to @vustinas that shared it even before but did not saw it!

In conclusion, if you also encounter the problem, please escalate it to Samsung support; the more users report it, the more it will get attention!!!!

@Communityuser3049203 By counting US & CA post, we have around 40 persons reporting this issue, can we have any help on this? Or any statement or update?

Reported Sony model related to this problem:

• WH-1000XM5
  • WH-1000xm4
  • WH-XB910N
  • WF-1000XM4 (Fixed with Sony firmware update (v2.0.0)
  • WH-CH720N

Other TV model affected:

• AU800055
  • AU9000
  • QE55Q60AAUXXH
  • q800
  • 55Q80A
  • QE55Q80AATXXH
  • 90AA85
  • QN65Q80
  • QN75
  • QN900A
  • QE65QN90AATXXH
  • QN94aa

Last update (Feb 3): Sorry guys, I spoke with support 4-5 times, always the same result, they escalated to a higer team said I will have response after 5 days and I'm left to hangup on waiting for replies. Samsung, I lost faith in you, if only you would let my effort knows it is taking into fixing the problem I would consider contnuing buying your product, now I start feeling you are not worth it. This is the last time I put effort enhancing Samsung experience.

BTW, support is making a joke of redirect me to a clear your cookie image when I tried to push for more information. This is a disgrace!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
72 Replies
vustinas
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Model: QN90A (QE55QN90AATXXC)
Firmware: 2111 (T-NKM2DEUC-2111.1)

plum117
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

This is great new! For owners of WH-1000XM4, I will pray for them to release a new firmware but the latest is dated from 05-18-2021, so we we need to pray hard.

0 Likes
Briscoe89
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

The complete lack of support from Samsung on this issue is breathtaking.  I first reported it to them in November.  After countless hours of troubleshooting the finally sent a technician to my house to observe the issue in real time.  In the fact it was a software issue was known from early December and reported to Samsung at that time. Four months later we are still waiting for a fix.  These are not cheap TVs we are buying and the fact that they can’t hold a simple Bluetooth connection is pathetic.  The end result of all this is that I will never buy a Samsung TV again, and will. It recommend Samsung TVs to anyone else either. For the record my TV model is QN75 and the headphones are WHXM5  

Kyle3
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

AU800055 here, same issue with XM4. Pathetic from Samsung. How long does it take to push a firmware update to solve this?

Geezeer007
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I've just got a pair of sony ch-720n headphones and when I pair them with my samsung q80a tv they instantly un-pair this is very frustrating as other headphones I've used different makes like steelseries I've had no problems so I hope there is a solution. Thank you

tsukanomon
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Since I've updated my QN90A to 2111.1, my Sony headphones XM5 stopped working. Come on Samsung, its been months, provide a simple patch for your bugs.

Supertje
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I've a QE55LS03AAUXXN and just bought the Sony WH-XB910N and the sony also crashes during pairing.

Samsung when will this be fixed? 

PerfectPony
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have Samsung QN90A (2021 Model) having the said firmware (2111) along with WH-1000XM4. It has stopped working together and have the same reported issues as that explained in this post by may consumers (headphone crashes while pairing with a squeaking sound). being a technical personal I am guessing that it is related to a mismatch protocol implementation by either of the parties. Recently it started happening with the samsung smartphone also Galaxy M51 after the new update from samsung on that phone. Clearly samsung is trying to get some device pairing information from the headphone, which is either not available to the headset or headset deyns to share with the host. This causes the headphone panic and shutdown.

There can be 2 reasons:

1. Samsung has implemented a new handshaking protocol while removing or overwriting the backward compatibility with the old protocol.

2. Sony is so busy to sell there new overpriced headsets and not bothered to update and implement new standards to patch the existing headsets.

It is mostly our (we consumers) fault as when we buy the mobile phones, we always observe that there is a couple of years for the firmware updates. but we ignore the fact that other electronic devices also may need firmware revisions and patches to keep it compatible with new technologies and protocols.

Though I came here to find a fault on samsung and there buggy patches and there is some contribution on their improper decision on this issue, but I will mark Sony as more responsible here as there is no new firmware and patch from almost 2 years by them (Mine is 2.5 dated 05-18-2021). In last 2 years there might have been many enhancements in the technology and protocols and security updates related to bluetooth pairing, and Sony has ignored the facts and loyal customers on this.

I will request others to bring this to a public and social thread so that Sony is awaken to increase the frequency of the updates to the firmwares too.

plum117
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Thanks for the detailed response. I also enter a post on Sony side (See post here) and they are lousy since after simple troubleshooting, they stop helping.

0 Likes
ddab
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

TV model: QE55Q80AATXXH
TV firmware: 2111
Headphones: WH-1000XM4

Same issues with bluetooth connection.