Original topic:

Thick, Defined, Vertical Black Line on Samsung QN65Q80TAF

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
connoro21
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

tv.jpgHey everyone! Our TV suddenly got a thick, defined, vertical, black line, illustrated in the picture. Any ideas on a diagnosis/fix? I've opened it up and wiggled/undone/reattached all the cables I could find, as well as used some compressed air to clean it up, but to no avail. Also bought a new power cable, but that didn't work either.

Thanks!

5 Replies
userra
Sun
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Is something in the screen making it leak? I've no idea what is behind screens, but it looks like a leak.
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello @connoro21 Thank you for posting about this. I completely understand your concerns with the line appearing on the tv. Are you able to navigate through channels on the tv? If so does the line appear on all sources? Does it occur during the picture test? Here's a link that might be helpful: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/tv-audio-video/picture-test/

0 Likes
connoro21
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello! I will try the picture test after work today, but it does appear on every channel/app. The only time I don't think it's there is when turning on the TV, as the screen turns to a black with the Samsung logo, the bar doesn't seem to be there, but the screen still emits a black light I believe. 

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Okay! Please let me know when you try it. Also, when the screen turns black do you hear sound playing? 

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello! Have you had a chance to give the picture test a try? 

0 Likes