Original topic:

UNWANTED FIRMWARE UPDATE, CAN'T favorite My Photos

(Topic created: 06-23-2024 08:12 AM)
PTSD1
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I turned off auto updates because if ain't broke, don't fix it. Apparently Samsung found a way to bypass that and push another terrible update. 

Hundreds of photos I uploaded over the past year were removed from my "favorites". And now, the interface has changed such that there is not option to favorite any of my uploaded photos. I can only favorites pictures from the Art Store. For My Photos I can only find "Matte & Filter, and Screen Settings."

1. How did Samsung bypass my no autoupdate settings? 
2. How can I get the ability to favorite my uploaded pictures?

56 Replies
SamSungTheBlues
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Does anyone know if there have been any new firmware/software updates since this problem started? I'm curious to know if Samsung has been updating and fixing bugs for other features. If they have, and they haven't fixed this issue, that tells me this is not a bug but a planned design change.

0 Likes
Lrak57
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
After update I have no Favorites folder access
0 Likes
dischere
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I recently purchased a Frame TV, basing my decision on reviews and user opinions that assured me I could mix my own art with the store's art. To my surprise, I discovered that Samsung had unilaterally removed this feature. This is unbelievable. We need to contact Samsung and let them know we are unhappy with this change.

Members_olKKNgo
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I really miss this feature, I liked being able to look at my subscribed artwork and my personal photos in the same slideshow. I got so many compliments from family members and friends! Of course I can still watch one or the other  but have to manually switch the slideshow on. The software was always a bit clunky in my opinion but now it just got way worse.
I also just traded my Google PIxel in for a Samsung S24+ and I regret that too. I miss so many features that my Pixel had. As soon as I'm upgrade eligible again I'm going back

0 Likes
PTSD1
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Hey everyone,

There is a new software update trying to push through today. Anyone know anything about this one? Will it makes things even worse?
0 Likes
ralphroza
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

The recent Frame TV update no longer allows the addition of art from My Photos to Favorites. I can only add commercial art provided through Samsung to Favorites. Prior to the recent operating system update, I could display my wife's art and my art along with the commercial art by adding them to Favorites. This was great and was the primary reason I purchased my Frame TV. I showed it to friends who have purchased it so they could to the same. Some purchased their own Frame TV's and I worked with them to set them up.

After the update, I contacted Samsung support, explained the issue, and waited for a response for 3 months. Then I called support to force a response. The response was that the Smart Things team decided to no longer support the feature that allows My Photos to be marked as Favorites.

Now I caution all my friends against the purchase of a Frame TV and encourage them to look at the new alternatives that are now available. Also, my wife and I closed our Etsy shop through which we sold our art for the Frame TV.

If Samsung restores this feature, I will again speak favorably about the Frame TV and recommend it, until then I will seek every opportunity on line to speak unfavorably about the Frame TV. I am doing this because in my opinion, the Samsung Smart Thing TV has defrauded me of the option to use the Frame TV for the purpose I originally purchased it for.

Ralph Roza, Omaha, Nebraska, USA

0 Likes
JediMax
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Samsung has lost my business forever after this. They do not value their customers, and decided that they would rather force us to pay for their services rather than making services worth paying for, or asking if it is a service people even need. Even if they restore the feature, the fact that they allowed this to be released has lost my trust and business.

0 Likes