Original topic:

XBox to receiver, receiver to TV issue

(Topic created: yesterday)
DrDaedalus
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello. I hope you all can help.

We have our XBox series X plugged into the game HDMI in on our Onkyo TN NR646 receiver, and HDMI out throufht the Main ARC HDMI out to our 75" Q80CD Qled Samsung tv through the eARC HDMI port. (TV isfactory set to update 1421).

The TV will recognize the XBox but won't play sound out of the speakers hooked up to the receiver (we have occasionally gotten it to work by unplugging and plugging cables back into spots including the non eARC HDMI in on the TV, but that only works until we turn everything off).

If we use the TV spectrum app the receivee switches to a TV channel and plays sound fine. If we unplug the HDMI out from the receiver we will hear the audio the XBox is supposed to be playing. I have tried many settings but to no avail.

Also have been running into a problem where opening an app on the XBox will put the TV on a static field screen.

Is there a way to get this to work? Shouldn't the receiver be controlling all of this?

I'm practically at my wits end here.

Thank you for any help you can give!

1 Reply
d0x360
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Is passthrough in the Xbox sound settings enabled or disabled? With my older LG OLED I used to have to change that to use my receiver and be able to get tv speaker audio when I wasn't... I also had to factory reset the TV sometimes because it didn't like playing nice with earc but that's an LG thing and probably doesn't apply here.

The receiver should be handling it and shouldn't effect the ability to play audio through the TV speakers. Good luck
0 Likes