Original topic:

Receiving Dolby Atmos on a Q60D TV

(Topic created: Wednesday)
CAPTEDJU
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have a 2024 Samsung HW-Q60D QLED smart TV and just hooked up a Samsung HW-Q990D soundbar.  I've searched how to connect Dolby Atmos to the TV and I've found these instructions:

The Q60A does indeed support external devices with Dolby Atmos streams when connected via HDMI (eARC). To enable this feature, please head to Home > Settings > Sound > Expert Settings > Dolby Atmos Compatibility > On

The problem is there is no Dolby atmos Compatitibility option on my TV under Expert Settings.  I can barely hear my rear speakers and there is no evidence of surround sound.

4 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello! Thank you so much for posting about this. I'll be more than delighted to assist. Can you make sure that the soundbar is directly connected to the TV and not another source? 

0 Likes
CAPTEDJU
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Yes, it is directly connected to HDMI 2 eARC/ARC with the HDMI cable HDMI 2.1 supplied with the Samsung 990D soundbar.

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have a Q90D (w/Denon AVR) and Dolby Atmos is an option in Expert Settings and it is always their but may be greyed out when incompatible settings are selected.... so your TV should have it.  Is your soundbar connected via HDMI2 with eARC set to Auto? 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
CAPTEDJU
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Yes Bill-e it is connected to HDMI 2 eARC/ARC on my TV and in the sound setting/expert settings/HDMI-eARC Mode is set to Auto.  The only thing grayed out in this menu is Auto Volume.  I'm puzzled why everyone else, even the Q60A TV, has the Dolby Atmos option but this Q60D absolutely does not in this menu.

0 Likes