JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

65" QLED TV Remote Works 2 Devices

(Topic created: 01-03-2024 11:32 PM)
JohnB0707
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a Samsung 65" QLED TV and a Samsung 24" M-5 Smart Monitor/TV and the Remotes for Both Devices will work on either Device! This is a Problem because when I am using the TV Remote it Also Works the M-5 Monitor and Vise Versa! I typically don't use Both Devices Simultaneously! But I will look at Files or Play a Video or Tutorial or watch the Local News on the Monitor while listening to music or watching something else on the TV! But every time I press a button on either Remote it also goes to the Other Device! It does get aggravating at times! You press the Power button to turn on the Monitor and it turns the TV off! And so on! Can't these Devices be put on a different Band or Frequency?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Makaveli_The_Don
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame
I had the same issue, I was able to change settings to RF from IR on some devices to fix this issue but for the ones I was not able to had to think rocket science and put a piece of electrical tape on the sensor to prevent readings. Since the remote is IR coded not sure if there is a way to change Samsung remote IR to RF. You could also use smart thing to turn on certain things. Hope this helps.
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00089902/

View solution in context

4 Replies
JohnB0707
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
This is the Remotes and Devices!20240104_011723_1000028582_1704352644.jpg20240104_011640_1000028580_1704352602.jpg20240104_011624_1000028579_1704352586.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
Makaveli_The_Don
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame
I had the same issue, I was able to change settings to RF from IR on some devices to fix this issue but for the ones I was not able to had to think rocket science and put a piece of electrical tape on the sensor to prevent readings. Since the remote is IR coded not sure if there is a way to change Samsung remote IR to RF. You could also use smart thing to turn on certain things. Hope this helps.
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00089902/
JohnB0707
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
Thank you for the Input! I have a lot of Devices controlled with Smart Things but for the TV'S I Use Google and Google Home! And I can turn them off with Google Assistant! SmartThings has not caught up with Google Home/Assistant Yet! I have 36 WiFi Devices Connected and SmartThings can not Handle the Arlo Cameras like Google can at this point!
0 Likes
Options
QLED and The Frame
I'm interested in this as well. I have 2 Q80a's side-by-side in my media room, and ever since Samsung loaded TikTok on my TV's (and it began talking to their servers on my network) I was forced to take them both offline since Samsung decided I'm not allowed to remove Chinese spyware from my own TV. This is a massive inconvenience since I almost exclusively used Smart Things and Google Assistant to control the TV's individually up until that point.

Between this, and One UI 6 forcing multiple factory resets, and the latest Wearable app now being so-thoroughly broken that my Watch is barely even a watch, I'm pretty much ready to abandon Samsung entirely.
0 Likes