Original topic:

Frame TV: Turn Apple TV off - art mode doesn’t activate

(Topic created: 09-22-2023 03:05 PM)
Marlboromen
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Has a Samsung rep told anyone if they’re planning to fix the issue of turning off an external Apple TV (or othe device) / and art mode not turning? Or has anyone found a workaround? The workarounds I’ve seen here and elsewhere don’t work. It’s frustrating having paid a premium for this tv and it not working as it did out of the box.

16 Replies
Options
QLED and The Frame
For a Samsung TV I assume?
Marlboromen
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Yes, edited. Thanks

0 Likes
Options
QLED and The Frame
The apple TV app? Or are you using an apple TV remote? I'm slightly confused
Marlboromen
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

An actual Apple TV 4K, not the app. 
the Frame TV defaults to the Samsung TV Plus App when the external device’s connection is lost. This means that TV shows on STV+ turn ON when I turn the Apple TV off with my Apple Remote.

this is clearly not what I want when I turn my tv off. (An aside - I have little kids and it doesn’t help that the shows are usually zombie, vampire related as that’s half the content created nowadays)

If I disable the STV+ App, the blue connection error screen comes up instead, as the tv is looking for the STV+ App.

this is new behavior since a recent update (1520 people are saying online)

if I reset the tv, the art mode turns on exactly once after the first time the Apple TV is turned off. After that, all efforts to turn off the Apple TV result in STV+ turning on or the blue screen if that’s disabled.

Art Mode Please
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

The same thing is happening to our tv. Apple TV turns off with remote and goes to Samsung tv blasting. So mad! This is why we purchased a Frame TV! Last one I will buy. Please fix!

Fuackyou
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same issue with our 65 2022 frame tv and current Apple TV 4K. Insay frustrating to have paid so much for the lousy tv. Sick of seeing zombies or Conan O’Brien play when turning off “Bluey” for kids.

ChristinaDM
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

We are having the exact same problem with our 65” Samsung Frame tv + Apple TV setup. Very upsetting as everything worked perfectly for first few months. Now Baywatch frequently comes on STV+ unannounced!! The first few times it freaked us out, we thought the tv was possessed.

also now the artwork always seems to shut itself off.

please Samsung, release an update to fix this problem. Or is there a way to revert to a previous software version where this wasn’t a problem?

Slapppy
Galaxy
Options
QLED and The Frame

Almost 3 months and NO response from Samsung! All these workarounds are temporary, it will not fix the problem. Only a firmware fix will do this and Samsung has done NOTHING for 3 months now.

user_ytdcuyj
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I just got a frame 2022 55” and am having the same issue with an Apple TV 4K box. After disabling the Samsung TV app, when I turn the Apple TV off, it goes to a “check device power” screen rather than showing art. 

I have a 2021 frame tv with another Apple TV 4K and it powers off to art mode just fine.