Original topic:

No image on QLED Samsung TV QE55Q85RAT

(Topic created: 02-08-2024 02:01 AM)
jbsers
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello everyone

I have a QE55Q85RAT TV that no longer turns on - to be more precise, here are the diagnostic elements:

- when I turn it on, the red LED flashes once, we hear a slight "zz" twice on the motherboard, then the LED flashes twice and this cycle repeats indefinitely

- taking inspiration from certain forums, I put tape on 4 tracks of the ribbon which goes from the motherboard to the panel and then, the TV still does not show any image but the sound works and the TV responds to the remote control (I turned on the voice guide) - the TV being connected to the internet, I can hear the channels.

Here are the tests I carried out with the TV running:

- I tested the voltages on the power supply card, I noticed:

350V for pin 5 which goes to the motherboard (CNM801 connector)

46.7V for Vdrv (pins 3,5,7 and 9 of connector CNV901A)

On the inverter card:

2.85V for the BLU_ON/OFF pin of the card

I can find the 46.7v on pins 9,11,13 and 15 of the CNV901A connector

Having read that the BLU-ON/OFF had to be at 5v to light the LEDs, I unplugged the Motherboard - Inverter cable and put 5v from an external power supply (batteries) on this pin - the panel did not turn on. yet not lit

I tested the 200 LEDs on the LED panel, all work.

The diodes on the power supply board work, the 2 capacitors are not bulged (nor are the small ones)

I lit the panel (front side) with a lamp but I don't see any movement through the transparency of the image.

I fear that it is the panel which is broken, yet it is only 3 years old and has not suffered any shock.

I admit that I have reached the end of the diagnostics - does anyone have any ideas on the subject?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Have a good day

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for the support of US products and customers. We do not have the ability to support models outside of the US. There are differences between the US and International firmware, which we do not have access to. Since your product was purchased outside of the US, please visit the link below for support in your area. https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for the support of US products and customers. We do not have the ability to support models outside of the US. There are differences between the US and International firmware, which we do not have access to. Since your product was purchased outside of the US, please visit the link below for support in your area. https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html