JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q90T Sound Drops Out For 1 - 2 Seconds Randomly

(Topic created: 01-24-2021 06:24 AM)
useraYqqDW445u
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have a brand new Q90T 4k Samsung TV. I've had a problem since buying it with content through a 4K Firestick on HDMI 1. I also have a new Q950T soundbar, but i have disconnected it to make sure that the problem is with the TV. Every so often, between maybe 45 to 90 minutes, the sound completely drops out/is interrupted for 1-2 seconds. I've seen the same problem posted in several various forums, but haven't seen it specific to the Q90T.  

I recently watched a 2hr movie on a Sony bluray player where no dropout occurred. I have gotten the problem with the HBO Max app on the Samsung TV itself, so I'm not convinced it is just with the Firestick. I previously used the Firestick with an old Samsung, and never had this problem. I've tried resetting sound, resetting Firestick, etc. Software on the TV is up to date. If I use the 950T with eArc, I also get the same sound dropouts randomly, but as I said, I've tested without the soundbar and the dropouts continue.

At this point I guess my next step is to log a customer service issue with Samsung, but I wanted to post the problem here specifically linked to the Q90T so that in case anyone else has had the problem, or in case a Samsung representative is monitoring this forum and has suggestions, they can offer whatever advice or suggestions they may have. 

Equipment is Samsung Q90T, Samsung Q950T, Firestick 4K, all on current software. Firestick is plugged into HDMI 1, but again, I've also had it happen with at least one Samsung app in the TV apps (HBOMax) so the problem isn't necessarily specific to the Firestick. My ISP uses a Firestick sreaming app for live TV, so this affects all of my cable TV as well. So far I haven't had the problem using an antenna with limited tests, so this problem appears to be limited to streaming and/or decoding streamed content.

Anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Could you send us a private message with your full model and serial number? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
14 Replies
userhqx5rx1ydb
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

This is a much wider problem with 2020 Samsung TV's..........not just your Q90T. We purchased a Q80T 65" in December from Best Buy and it has done the same exact thing ever since. And the thing is, it is in the TV itself. We only use the TV with it's own speakers and the sound drops 15-20 times over a few hours. There are posts all over the internet & this forum about it. A lot of people are spinning their wheels changing cables, adjusting this, trying that, etc.  We are very upset.......a $1500 TV with an across the platform problem, and Samsung is not saying a thing about root cause/real fix. Don't know what is going to happen, but I will not accept this as an issue to "live with". If we don't get a real fix/answer soon, this Samsung TV will go back to Best Buy and we'll get a Sony or LG. I don't want the hassle, but they know there's a problem and aren't stepping up! There are a whole lot of us with same complaint. Very disappointing to say the least......

AK2000
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
The same issue, an audio interruption for a few seconds every 15 minutes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Is this occurring no matter the source?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
AK2000
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
Yes!.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Could you send us a private message with your full model and serial number? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

0 Likes
useraYqqDW445u
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Message sent.

0 Likes
AK2000
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
Can you please tell me how I can send you a private message?
0 Likes
useraYqqDW445u
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

It doesn't occur on the apps installed on the Q90T, just with apps on the Firestick 4K using HDMI1. Apps such as Netflix, Prime Video, or HBOMax have the same problem using Firestick 4K on HDMI1, but not with the same apps on the Q90T. Is it possible there's some compatibility issue between the Q90T and Firestick 4K? The same Firestick 4K had no problems like this on an older model Samsung TV. There's no wifi buffering problem. I have gig internet. I've also reset the Firestick 4K to factory defaults, and cleared buffer on the apps numerous times with no success. 

0 Likes
user2WLA8FtCY4
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

how do you connect to internet?   wireless?    I am wondering if it is a buffering issue in the wireless receivers on the tv?