JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

QE55q80b First time I press power up it shuts down but on second press TV is on

(Topic created: 10-25-2023 02:43 AM)
INOPSU
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

So when I power up tv after its been off for a long while, ie overnight. It opens then shuts down. Second time I power up it opens and is on.  If I turn it off and then on again it comes on first time. Its not a great problem just worried that this could be sign of another issue.  I bought from @Richersounds 

I have been trying tom link Alexa and Smart Things so my poorly sighted mum could give verbal commands. It seemed to start the, So I removed Smsung app; deactivated link to Alexa, logged out of the TV Alexa app, so there is now no hands free activty,  everthing back to before but it still occuring.  

Followed advice from https://www.ifixit.com/Troubleshooting/Samsung_Television/Samsung+TV+Keeps+Turning+Off/488963

My last Samsung lasted 4 years, this one is only 6 months 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for the support of US products and customers. We do not have the ability to support models outside of the US. There are differences between the US and International firmware, which we do not have access to. Since your product was purchased outside of the US, please visit the link below for support in your area. https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
QLED and The Frame
It sounds like the tv is in sleep mode but still on. So when you press power it shuts it off. Then again back on. Try pressing menu instead of power or using your phone or voice to use. Another problem that occurs is if you use a soundbar. Let's say soundbar is not off but tv is then when you turn in the tv it shuts the bar off and the bar shuts the tv off. I don't think the tv is defective but to make sure everything is correct I recommend the following. First unplug all HDMI cables from your TV next Go in to the TV settings go to support and do a full manufacturer reset of your TV you will need to input a password 0000. Once that's completed unplug any one connect box if your TV has one then unplug the power cable now using the manual power button on the TV itself with the TV unplugged from the wall hold down the power button for 60 seconds now leave your TV unplugged from power for a full 10 minutes. After that time has passed plug all your cables back into your TV power all your devices on Blu-ray player Cable Box Etc go through the new setup with the one remote facing the TV this will allow your TV to set up and calibrate all your devices to your TV to work properly. Keeping in mind HDMI CEC HDMI input plus must be activated on the TV and the connected devices so they communicate properly with each other preventing the off and on situation. Let me know how it goes.
0 Likes
INOPSU
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thnaks , I'll give this a go.

I think it may be something to do with the soundbar.  The TV turned on and turned the soundbar on, then shut down and the soundbar stayed on.

Also sound was coming out of the TV and soundbar when I turned it back on. Which is odd

I'll disconnect the soundbar its connected via an optical lead. Then see what happens.  I'll then connect via Wifi.  

I'll do this tomorrow .  A hard reboot would be the last resort. 

JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
QLED and The Frame
Its definitely the sound bar if that's the case. Adjust and you should be ok. If available use a hdmi earc. Either way let me know. Have a blessed day
0 Likes
INOPSU
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thanks. What I will do tomorrow before turning tv on I will disconnect the soundbar totally so it doesnt power up and  remove optical cable and see what happens.

Currently If I turn the tv off after its working and turn back on its ok.  

It may be the optical cable.  So I can test this by setting it up for bluetooth on switching on. 

I'll let you know

TV sound is important for my elderly mother as she has poor sight and it she uses to listen to music etc   

It was why I tried to connect all the Alexia communications but she couldnt get use to that either.  So I just leave tv on most day

0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
QLED and The Frame
Look into Samsung smarthings it's extremely useful and you can have switches that turn on your tv if she does something like turn on a smart light.
0 Likes
INOPSU
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

So I disconnected the soundbar over night completly.  But the same thing happened TV opened then shut down . So its not the bar

Ive checked the sleep modes and they are all off

I contacted Samsung and txted with a technician for ages.  I dont think anything was done that will have fixed anything.  He just ran a diagnostic and is sending a new power cable.

It is strange this occurs after the tv has been off for over an hour or two. Perhaps the remote button is not working properly, I dont know.

0 Likes
INOPSU
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Update, after 90mins online being guided through set up and diagnostic stuff. Turned TV on this morning and it didn't shut down. .  Will test it again

Now I need to setup the Samsung soundbar and hope this doesn't mess it all up . I think I will use BT instead of optical. 

Fingers crossed.  Thanks for your advice

0 Likes
INOPSU
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

So for two days no issue.  This morning issue of opening up and shutting down occurred again.  As someone with autism this is really annoying me.  I note when I turned the TV last night Iheard two clicks from the TV. I wonder if this is suggesting it is not shutting down probably.  Or perhaps it is the remote.  The fact that I have to turn the tv hours off for a couple of hours to replicate  is making this very hard to address.  

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for the support of US products and customers. We do not have the ability to support models outside of the US. There are differences between the US and International firmware, which we do not have access to. Since your product was purchased outside of the US, please visit the link below for support in your area. https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

0 Likes