JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV Freezes: SAMSUNG 98-Inch Class QLED 4K Q80CA

(Topic created: 03-19-2024 11:00 AM)
Flame Red
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have for the last few months experienced random total freezing of the above TV! Sometimes, the screen just freezes, and none of the controls including those on the remote work at all. I cannot even turn it off. Sometimes the screen goes totally black and again, all the controls are unresponsive. I have to unplug the TV to get it to function at all.

It did to do this until about 2 months ago. It did not freeze when it was new.

Sometimes it freezes multiple times during one program - like during the Super Bowl

Seems to occur on the following apps: Sling, Paramount+, Netflix, Amazon - possibly others that I am forgetting.

Firmware Version is TPTMCAKUC-1402-51ST_ENERGY

It is connected to the internet via Ethernet. No wifi. Internet has good speed, usually near 200mbs.

Is there any way to diagnose what it going on? It is so annoying! I would return the TV if I could but the return windows has expired. It is still under warranty though.

It has a Samsung Soundbar HW-Q750C/ZA attached via Optical cable. I previously had it connected via HDMI, but the sound got completely distorted and unusable but that problem went away when I switched the soundbar to optical.

Should I put in a warranty claim? If so how?

Please advise!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Hello! Thank you so much for posting about this. I completely understand your concerns with the TV freezing and the remote being unable to control the TV. I've noticed that you tried multiple troubleshooting steps, but the issue still occurs.

I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this on a case-by-case basis, please provide the full model code and serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

****EDIT*****

@Flame Red has also noted that they contacted tech support and they recommended a factory reset, followed by setting up the TV again WITHOUT using the backup cloud configurations that might be corrupted.  And that this may work for some users. 

View solution in context

4 Replies
Mark7com
Star
Options
QLED and The Frame
Try restarting your tv by holding the power button on the remote for about 7 seconds.
0 Likes
Flame Red
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thank you for the reply, but I have tried the alternate method of unplugging the TV many, many times, and it still freezes periodically.

There are two ways to cold boot your TV:

With the remote

For most people, the easiest way is to hold down the Power button on the remote until the TV turns off and on again. This should only take about 5 seconds.

With the plug

If you do not have the remote, unplug your TV from the wall outlet or surge protector, leave it unplugged for 30 seconds, and then plug it back in.

If you turn off a surge protector with other devices plugged into it (such as your router), give them time to power up and reconnect before testing any functions on your TV.

Moderators:

I have this product registered on the Samsung website, but it will not seem to let me enter a repair request? I tried Firefox but Chrome did get me further. Repair Service is grayed out even though it knows it is under warranty.

0 Likes
Mark7com
Star
Options
QLED and The Frame
Have you talked to samsung customer service? They might either send someone to fix it or replace it for free.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Hello! Thank you so much for posting about this. I completely understand your concerns with the TV freezing and the remote being unable to control the TV. I've noticed that you tried multiple troubleshooting steps, but the issue still occurs.

I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this on a case-by-case basis, please provide the full model code and serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

****EDIT*****

@Flame Red has also noted that they contacted tech support and they recommended a factory reset, followed by setting up the TV again WITHOUT using the backup cloud configurations that might be corrupted.  And that this may work for some users.