JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

2020 Samsung TV Health app NOT showing

(Topic created: 11-19-2020 12:23 PM)
userUWFvnOvLOY
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I purchased a new UN55TU7000 after reading extensively that the Samsung Health app is on all new Samsung Smart TVs in 2020. Yet when I search the app store there is no Health app yet it was press news from Samsung and is plastered all over the internet. I have called Samsung with a tech only to remote in to confirm and nothing else just silence... Please help!

https://www.samsung.com/us/samsung-health/tv/

https://news.samsung.com/global/samsung-health-now-available-as-a-comprehensive-in-home-fitness-and-...

https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/crystal-uhd-tvs/55-class-tu7000-4k-uhd-hdr-s...

Samsung app screenshot.jpg

samsung TV app 2 Untitled.jpg

12 Replies
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options

Give the following a try:

Cold boot the TV

• Cold booting your TV is a little different than simply turning it off and back on. When you turn it off, it is really in standby. A cold boot actually shuts the TV down and reboots it, like restarting a laptop. This can solve issues you may be having with apps, glitches in the menu, picture issues, etc.
  • There are two ways to cold boot your TV.
    • With the Remote: For most people, the easiest way is to hold down the Power button on the Samsung TV remote until the TV turns off and on again. This should only take about 5 seconds.
    • With the Plug: If you do not have the remote, unplug your TV from the wall outlet or surge protector, leave it unplugged for 30 seconds, and then plug it back in.
    • Note: If you switch off a surge protector with other devices plugged into it (such as your router), give them time to power up and reconnect before testing any functions on your TV.

Check for software updates on your TV.

• On your TV, navigate to Settings > Support > Software Update, and then select Update Now.
  • If an update is available, it will automatically install and the TV will reboot.

Delete the app from your TV and download it again

• Delete the app.
  • Navigate to and select Apps, then select the Settings icon.
  • Navigate to the app you are having an issue with and select Delete. (If Delete is grayed out, this is a recommended app. Select Reinstall instead.)
  • Download the app again.
  • Press Return on the remote and select the Search icon in the top right corner.
  • Enter the name of the app.
  • Select the app and then select Install.
  • Open the app and try again.
  • Check to see if the issue you were having with the app is still occurring.

Reset Smart Hub on your TV

• Gather the login information for all of your apps.
  • When you reset Smart Hub, you will sign you out of your Samsung Account and all of your apps, not just the one you're having trouble with. Make sure you have the current login information for all of your accounts before you proceed. If you need this information, visit the app developer's website. If you need your Samsung account information, visit Samsung Account Support.
  • Reset Smart Hub.
    • Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset Smart Hub.
    • Enter your TV's PIN.
    • The default PIN is 0000. If you have ever changed the PIN on your TV, enter your PIN to start the reset.
  • After the initial setup process, try the app again.
    • Note: You may need to download the app again after the reset.
    • If you are still having an issue with the app after completing the Smart Hub reset, reach out to the app developer to see if they are aware of the issue. Many times a fix is likely to be available soon.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userUWFvnOvLOY
Asteroid
Options

No that didn't fix it, reset it twice

0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options

@userUWFvnOvLOY: Thank you for your patience. I apologize but it looks like Samsung Health is not compatible with your model TV. 

See link below for more information or feel free to contact our Samsung Health Team at 1-855-795-0509: 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00086962/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userUWFvnOvLOY
Asteroid
Options

I reset it twice that did not work. For your the reset was found under the general setting of my television. I'm not able to reply to your message only mine it only gives me the option to accept response as solution and then this is not acceptable...sorry.

0 Likes
Rdrakea
Halo
Options

Hey there.  My 2020 55" Frame has Samsung Health.  Are you on the latest firmware?  FYI...mine did NOT find the latest version by checking online via the menu; I had to download to a USB stick and flash old-school style.

AaronWebster
Constellation
Options

@Rdrakea  which firmware version are you on? I'd like to update my TV as well if that means I can get this app.

0 Likes
Rdrakea
Halo
Options

The latest available on the samsung support site: 1403.1

0 Likes
AaronWebster
Constellation
Options

@Rdrakea My TV shows version 1410 I don't know if the TV is showing the sub-versions but the website show version 1410.1 available.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/crystal-uhd-tvs-tu700d-2020

do you think I should try to install this version? 

0 Likes
Rdrakea
Halo
Options

I'm pretty sure you have the incremental version.  Don't go off what is shows on the software update screen; go to support > about tv.

0 Likes