JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bixby "wake phone" function disables camera voice commands. Why?

(Topic created: 02-13-2019 12:53 PM)
Giman2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Why in the world would Samsung disable voice commands for the camera if you configure bixby to wake your phone. S-Voice never did that. If anything Bixby should at least have the exact functionality but add configurable commands. I really want to like Bixby, but everytime I start to discover it, I find it impracticle. I have had to disable Bixby and use Google assistant instead. $1000 for a phone that does not work. They are doing the same things Apple did that caused me to stop buying the Iphone. 

71 Replies
Lesley62
Asteroid
Options

OK I finally figured it out!!  I went through all the Bixby settings (see below) by clicking on the Bixby button and saying "show Bixby Voice Settings".  

Language and voice style - English

voice response - hands free only

Automatic Listening - hands-free only

Voice Wake-up (I turned it off and  deleted recordings)

Use while phone locked - off

Bisby dictation - off

Bixby key - press once to open

General:

Marketing Publications - off

Privacy  - off

About Bixby Voice

So the change I believe that allowed me to start using the camera voice control setting is the Bixby Voice Wake-Up.  I hope this works for you

j999
Asteroid
Options

Good job re-discovering what i said twice.

userld99vsywF1
Astronaut
Options

Thanks for that solution. I couldn't turn on my camera voice commands either and I couldn't find the option in the "3 dot settings" solution. This has solved my problem. 

0 Likes
MsMocha
Constellation
Options

When I go into the Bixby settings, there's NOT a Voice wake-up option to tap on. What's with that? And how do I get this to appear, in order to disable it?

HELP!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
j999
Asteroid
Options

I will repeat.

Many people have that problem (maybe everyone that is up to date).  The Bixby "VOICE" settings do not appear on the Bixby settings menu that you can access on the screen.

The way I found to get there is by using Bixby Voice itself...

Hold the Bixby button (or otherwise get bixby to listen for a command), and while it is listening say:

"Bixby Voice Settings"

That will get you to the settings screen where you can turn off 

"Automatic Listening" - (never) and

"Voice wake-up" - (off)

0 Likes
userFmLQLUGS7y
Constellation
Options

Where is Bixby Home, nothing on my note 9 phone

0 Likes
usertV9vjiglVH
Constellation
Options

It disabled mine also.

0 Likes
user43RT7BrQcK
Constellation
Options

When I  click on settings this is what my options are. How am I supposed to turn off voice wake up?When I click on settings this is what my options are. How am I supposed to turn off voice wake up?

I just want to be able to use voice controls in the camera app but your Bixby wont allow me. 

0 Likes
userNjOPs3xWou
Constellation
Options

I followed these steps but still could not locate it  Help please . 

@SamsungTrevor wrote:

This should be able to be fixed pretty quickly. To disable Bixby wake-up simply go to:

1. Bixby Home
  2. Tap the three dots in the top right corner
  3. Tap Settings
  4. Tap on Voice wake-up
  5. Disable Voice wake-up

You should be able to use your voice commands in the camera app once you've disabled this. Let me know when you've done this. Thanks!

0 Likes
userxDBakd3Yy6
Constellation
Options

That did nothing for me. I've tried everything that's been suggestion and I still cannot use voice command on my camera.

0 Likes