JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bixby "wake phone" function disables camera voice commands. Why?

(Topic created: 11-05-2017 04:50 PM)
Giman2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Why in the world would Samsung disable voice commands for the camera if you configure bixby to wake your phone. S-Voice never did that. If anything Bixby should at least have the exact functionality but add configurable commands. I really want to like Bixby, but everytime I start to discover it, I find it impracticle. I have had to disable Bixby and use Google assistant instead. $1000 for a phone that does not work. They are doing the same things Apple did that caused me to stop buying the Iphone. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
71 Replies
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options

Thank you for this information! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
j999
Asteroid
Options

I have SM-N96OU

Note 9 on verizon.

Same problem, that menu has NO options about voice or wake-up.

I wonder if it did before today's system update.

Please, there MUST be a way to turn this off! For security if nothing else. It is ALWAYS LISTENING. Even to the point of disrupting the camera and other apps.  Freakishly troubling.

j999
Asteroid
Options

Well... i found a way, still not sure if i trust samsung, google, or big brother...but this seemed to get me to where the camera works!

The answer was to use bixby itself.

I held the darned button, and said "bixby voice settings" 

This got me to where i could disable voice wake-up, and any other "automatic" voice listening by bixby.  Apparently manual button hold will still work, and i guess that is ok.

I never found another route to that setting screen... hurry before they disable this method too!

Camera voice command setting now allowed!

userLdLeT5UoWM
Constellation
Options
This worked! Thank you for posting!
user0OyS8gQjPd
Astronaut
Options

Thanks man!! Totally works!!

user9Otm2eb1xe
Constellation
Options

Its works!!! Thank you j999.

I was not abi do find voise settings but then I did exactly how you wrote and voila. 

Thanks

userufq93zrUGd
Astronaut
Options
This was very helpful!
0 Likes
gripper19
Astronaut
Options

Thanks, it works. It's the same on S10 series.  I use the camera a lot and if I have to touch it to shoot, I move some. A relief. 

@j999 wrote:

Well... i found a way, still not sure if i trust samsung, google, or big brother...but this seemed to get me to where the camera works!

This got me to where i could disable voice wake-up, and any other "automatic" voice listening by bixby.  Apparently manual button hold will still work, and i guess that is ok.

I never found another route to that setting screen... hurry before they disable this method too!

0 Likes
userzqlN1IXNmS
Constellation
Options

@j999 wrote:

This was the best solution found - could not seem to locate or access through any other suggestions or recommendations.  This was the ONLY method to resolving this issue for me!  

Samsung Galaxy S10+

0 Likes
userLrK5ml8L1n
Constellation
Options

Yesssss! It worked and today is 10 Apr 2020!

0 Likes