JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bluetooth scan always finds Apple airtags, beacons, find my data services?

(Topic created: 11-19-2022 05:51 AM)
AmandaLH321
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
How do I stop my phone from sharing info with the shady devices in my house? Whenever I scan the Bluetooth around me I find apple airtags, beacons, and "find my data" services. I don't have any apple devices. No need to share anything with them. I've done what I can to limit the sharing apps but I still find them running in the background. Advice, tips? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Hey there! I can certainly understand concerns regarding Bluetooth and data sharing. While those devices do show up on your scans as nearby devices, like @DaleNet said, as long as they aren't connected, no data sharing will occur. 
There is also a handy guide for these type of situations, which you can use for quick tips like not opening suspicious links, or only downloading apps from Google Play or Galaxy Store. You can find that guide here, and it even goes over what to do if you already are experiencing cybersecurity issues with your phone: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01209886/

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
HackerNeighbors50
Astronaut
Options

Same! If you get any good tip hmu...I'm dying to get them annoying 

0 Likes
AmandaLH321
Astronaut
Options
Well I haven't figured out how to win with my windows yet. I upgraded to business and factory reset 3 times but it won't let me reinstall from the cloud so i get the same shady drivers and apps.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Hey there! I can certainly understand concerns regarding Bluetooth and data sharing. While those devices do show up on your scans as nearby devices, like @DaleNet said, as long as they aren't connected, no data sharing will occur. 
There is also a handy guide for these type of situations, which you can use for quick tips like not opening suspicious links, or only downloading apps from Google Play or Galaxy Store. You can find that guide here, and it even goes over what to do if you already are experiencing cybersecurity issues with your phone: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01209886/

0 Likes
DaleNet
Comet
Options
If you see them in your Bluetooth listing but are not connected to them then you are sharing nothing.
The_Lemon
Red Giant
Options
Neighbors airtags?
0 Likes
AmandaLH321
Astronaut
Options
No, it's my husband's.
0 Likes
ejPlaysInTraffic
Constellation
Options
Your husband is shady?
You could connect to the devices... find them and mail them to hhis work?
Poof! No more shady devices.
0 Likes