JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Calendar feature suggestion - Categories/tags

(Topic created: a month ago)
userfsszVQxbKC
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I love the samsung calendar, has great features such as task and reminders, I like that I can add multilple calendars/accounts (which can be a hassle [not samsungs end]), and the widget is also great! Even better that my calendar syncs across my devices. I do wish though that there was a Samsung Calendar App for windows PC (using outlook and it actually syncing is messy, and outlook isn't the friendliest unless you soley use outlook. Also you can't add Samsung account to outlook either. Anyway). The one feature that would be great to add would be labels or categories so I can organize the events I add under my samsung account by color/category, rather than trying to sync several different accounts that don't always want to cooperate (school & outlook/live). We get that feature added and iI'll be so happy (that and a windows app). Cause trying to use multiple calendars is horrible, especially when one has just about all the features, conveniences, ease of use, and interface that you like.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
realaud
Supernova
Options
You can already add colors to events. So i am not sure what you are asking. If using Samsung calendar, when you create an event, to the extreme right of the title is a color dot ( the default is blue). If you press the dot, you will get a menu of colors to label your event. You can also add an emoji if you like, which can further help you organize.
If you are using Google calendar, the color selection is at the bottom of the event detail screen. If you want to add a. Emoji, though, you will have to do it from the emoji generator on your keyboard1711583802799.jpg

View solution in context

6 Replies
Solution
realaud
Supernova
Options
You can already add colors to events. So i am not sure what you are asking. If using Samsung calendar, when you create an event, to the extreme right of the title is a color dot ( the default is blue). If you press the dot, you will get a menu of colors to label your event. You can also add an emoji if you like, which can further help you organize.
If you are using Google calendar, the color selection is at the bottom of the event detail screen. If you want to add a. Emoji, though, you will have to do it from the emoji generator on your keyboard1711583802799.jpg
userfsszVQxbKC
Asteroid
Options
Wild. I always saw the dot but thought it was just the color of the calendar itself, cause I know you can change the calendar color. I have tested it and it indeed does work. They should make that a bit clearer lol. Well thank you for that clarification, this changes everything
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
The little smiley face next to the color dot is where you can pull up the emojis.

If you could mark my response as the solution, that would be kind.
0 Likes
userfsszVQxbKC
Asteroid
Options
Yeah I knew about the emoji, about to start using it more.

Now if only they can make a desktop app.
realaud
Supernova
Options
Thats why I use Google calendar. I can use it on my desktop. I actually was using Google calendar way before I ever had a smartphone, so it was easy to just continue using it on all my devices over the years regardless of which brand of phone I was using.
0 Likes
userfsszVQxbKC
Asteroid
Options
Yeah I downloaded it the other day to give it a shot. It does indeed have everything I'm looking for and like, and a good widget. I'll probably give it a shot and switch over. It does already have everything synced over and what not
0 Likes