JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Why did you remove the Notification Categories?

(Topic created: 04-21-2024 07:26 AM)
Jess04
Sun
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hey Samsung,

Why did you remove the Notification Categories? 

You used to allow users to easily change individual notifications within a single app. Now we have to go into the app in question, and HOPE it allows us to do the same. If not, then we just have to deal with it? Why do you seem to be slowly removing aspects from your devices that set them apart from competitors. It's as if you're slowly taking all the worst part from Apple. First was the Mico SD Card support and included power adapter. Now you're working on stripping away basic customization capabilities. 
And, no, adding them back in via GoodLock is not a valid solution!

Also, when are you going to make Dismiss Alerts From All Devices feature actually work?

Every morning when I turn on my Z Fold3, I always get 3 calendar notifications for the event that morning (which have already passed and are already dismissed on my Z Flip5 by the time I turn on my Z Fold3)
Is this feature only supposed to work when each device is simultaneously turned on? If so, change it so that other devices will check notifications cleared upon booting up (Knox already checks the Boot Loader. I'd bet you could easily make the devices check for shared notifications?)
You really need to refine the consistency of features and settings across your devices so they work seamlessly together. In all scenarios. Phone to tablet, one phone to another, one tablet to another, etc. Think of all possibilities.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Open your phone settings
Notification
Advanced settings
Manage notifications categories for each app must be toggled on now for Notification categories to show up

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Options
Open your phone settings
Notification
Advanced settings
Manage notifications categories for each app must be toggled on now for Notification categories to show up

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Jess04
Sun
Options
Thank you! I appreciate that. I assumed that when I used SmartSwitch across devices, that setting would have transferred as well. (Unless One UI 6.1 toggled that switch)
Samsung needs to stop hiding useful features behind "advanced features" or "Labs." Simply keep the relative features in the relative settings menus. 🙄😮💨
GaryB82
Options
Yeah, that's a new setting in 6.1 which has to be toggled on now whenever you use smartswitch it will copy over