Original topic:

Feedback For Samsung Notes

(Topic created: Wednesday)
H9
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

When I tap and hold on a note in the Samsung Notes app, a pop-up appears at the bottom of the screen. One of the icons in the pop-up is a garbage can and underneath it is the word "Delete." When I tap "Delete," another pop-up appears at the bottom of the screen that says "Move 1 note to the Trash?" and underneath are two options. One option says "Cancel," and the second option says "Move to Trash."

I would like to change it to say "Move One Note To The Garbage?" and "Move To Garbage" or anything else. In the part of the world I live in, the word "Trash" is considered a slang word and the correct word is "Garbage."

12 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@H9 What part of the world do you live in?

This is the user to user discussion group for Samsung US products and services. If you are outside of the US you should post in a discussion group for your geographical area. You can find that site by visiting https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite/ 

0 Likes
H9
Constellation
Options

I am in The US.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@H9 The general usage is to use trash for non perishable waste and garbage for (non perishable + perishable) waste. 

0 Likes
H9
Constellation
Options

No, that's not true. I edited my question to make it clearer. I'm asking to rename the "Trash" to anything else.

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options

And it's not going to happen.  You seem to be the only person ever to take offense at the ever present *trash* as used in this context. 

0 Likes
Ljuhasz
Constellation
Options
If UI SOFTWARE was installed and it started afterward, it's possible that it could be the reason.
0 Likes
AllotaFunHere
Asteroid
Options
Another way to look at it at this point is, I believe it's illegal to do what you're thinking.
0 Likes
SammyNerd83
Cosmic Ray
Options
Not really illegal, so much as impossible. That's like baked into the ui. You would have to essentially flash it with another user interface which means jailbreaking, which means if you have a warranty you destroyed the warranty. It also means unofficial software.
0 Likes
AllotaFunHere
Asteroid
Options
Thank you for your confirmation of what I said, It is doable. It looks as though you can do it. As soon as you touch that code you break the law. But to your point, "not really illegal" to me means neither perp or perpetrator would rank very high in the top 10 criminal list as AI continues to move forward.
0 Likes