Original topic:

Forced AI on to our phones?!?

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
usercoYeTogIA5
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I dumped Microsoft OS because they put their AI on to our Windows OS without our permission and now Samsung is putting their AI on to our phones without our permission! I've been with Samsung since the Note 2 and this is a huge invasion of our privacy! Your company forces updates on our phones putting who knows what in it and now you put your AI on it without asking if we want it. I wonder if we can sue you for doing this?!? But in the mean time I'm done with your products. Just like with Microsoft I'll be switching to another company like Motorola who doesn't force AI on to their customers. 
0 Likes
8 Replies
userdMGdtSvi5J
Asteroid
Options
Is all this true?
....needing another perspective....please
0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Go to Settings > Advanced features > Advanced intelligence and turn off any AI features that you don't want.
0 Likes
usercoYeTogIA5
Constellation
Options
The whole point is they put in our phones without even asking if someone wants it to begin with. To turn off some features is **bleep** because it is still there.
0 Likes
harv134
Galaxy
Options
Stop acting like you have to use them because you don't. Samsung is just trying to catch up with the pixels. Because some people like it and have an opinion.
0 Likes
Options
LeGasp. Company rolls out updates WITHOUT OUR PERMISSION. Seriously though, you don't have to use the AI features. Even though you've already been using many ofthem in the background for a few years now.
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
I don't think you actually know what AI is, and you're going to be horrified when you find out every phone on the market is getting AI features. I'd advise learning what's being added instead of **bleep**g out over a buzzword.
Jd3n
Astronaut
Options
If you are worried about data harvesting. It doesn't matter what phone or service you chose. It's going to happen if you use any connected device. Only way to not be involved in it is to not use any service or app of any kind.
0 Likes
neilth
Sun
Options
AI is everywhere, or soon will be. I'd advise you and everyone else to learn as much as you can about it because it's rapidly changing the world we live in for better or worse. Complaining about it is not going to do you any good at all. Soon, you won't be able to find and buy a phone anywhere without AI!
0 Likes