JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How are gmail.com messages coming up on my text and how do I stop them?

(Topic created: 06-18-2021 01:41 PM)
uservVQEK1srmm
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Approximately once a week I'm getting text messages from a gmail.com account. They are absolute filth, so how are they doing this? When I follow the directions to block a message it won't take an email address and they don't come from the same gmail.com account. I have a note 9 phone.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

I understand how frustrating this is. Spam text messages received from emails are sent to you as SMS messages through your cellular carrier's email to text gateway. If you do not need to receive SMS messages from email accounts (some automated alerting systems may use this method), then contact your carrier and ask them to disable that at their gateway. You can also use this link for information on how to report these messages. https://bit.ly/3paGP7I

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Phone texts cannot be removed through some kind of blocker. You'll have to delete them by hand.
Sending emails to phone text is simple. If they have your phone number they can text you instead of talking to you. They send an email with filth attached to them. I've looked everywhere for a blocker but couldn't find one. I wasn't getting texted emails but they were sending me PDF files which would go directly into my PDF folder in my drive.. they had a link to take you to their site. I never clicked on them but I had to delete every single file. They were mixed in with my important PDF files.. what a mess. Eventually they weren't getting a response from me and they stopped sending them. They had my phone number and used it to send PDF files.
WAO71421
Astronaut
Options
It can very likely be a scam. But of not try to do it from your Google account
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

I understand how frustrating this is. Spam text messages received from emails are sent to you as SMS messages through your cellular carrier's email to text gateway. If you do not need to receive SMS messages from email accounts (some automated alerting systems may use this method), then contact your carrier and ask them to disable that at their gateway. You can also use this link for information on how to report these messages. https://bit.ly/3paGP7I

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes