JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How can I find auto restart in settings running One UI 5?

(Topic created: 11-27-2022 08:41 AM)
_Ash_
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Where do I find the auto restart in settings.

Everything changed after one ui 5 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
98 Replies
Solution
Mustangbob
Halo
Options
Hope this helps Screenshot_20221206_155713_Device care.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Thanks but that's the function. They replaced it with itself. I was looking for the scheduled auto restart but they replaced it with that.
Mustangbob
Halo
Options
Samsung remove that functionality because if you get some kind of bug or issue with your device it could sit in the system and tell the phone restart better to let the device decide when to do it
KINGME-ZFOLD3-5G
Astronaut
Options
My phone used to restart but after the recent update it doesn't do it anymore.I Don't like the auto optimization it doesn't work.
usertJFXiAkw20
Constellation
Options
I am in complete agreement with you, Samsung seems determined for me to switch to Apple
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Hello, We understand how disappointing it is when frequently used features stop working, such as the auto restart.

Have you tried clearing the cache partition and repairing the apps since updating the phone?

To get to recovery mode: 
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously 
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button BUT KEEP HOLDING VOLUME UP until the recovery menu appears
- Use volume buttons to navigate down to clear cache (NOT CLEAR DATA/ FACTORY RESET) 
- Use power button to select. 
- Run the repair apps option and your device will restart. 
If these steps do not allow the auto-restart feature to work correctly, then a complete backup and factory reset are recommended. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/
If the feature is still not working after resetting the phone, it is recommended to have the phone evaluated by a certified technician. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.
For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html
Cyberwasp
Comet
Options

Did samsunk remove the auto restart feature! You could set the phone to restart at a certain day and time! Why?

0 Likes
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
It's still there unfortunately you just can't schedule it anymore when turned on the phone will decide when to restart
0 Likes
Cyberwasp
Comet
Options
They're removing all of the useful features. Time to look at other brands!!
Mohican69
Galaxy
Options
I've never used it but when I just updated my phone last week it asked me if I wanted to set that up. I don't recall having that option before. I've never seen the need for this option personally.
0 Likes