Original topic:

How can I implement the auto-launch of a VPN through OpenVPN?

(Topic created: 12 hours ago)
dontart7272
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I created a proxy server through OpenVPN. How can I make the VPN start automatically when launch a specific application? 

1) I wanted to implement it through the Bixby Routines, but I didn't find the required conditions. 2) I also tried to do it using a macro in Routines+, but I can't do what I want 

Best regards, u/Careless-Potato8509

0 Likes
1 Reply
JoJo4360
Galaxy
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Hello,
I'm not sure if this helps or if it's what you're looking for, but in the drop-down app bar (I really don't know what it's called) there's the system icons (pic) and VPN icon is one. So that can be both long-pressed and tapped. Tap manually turns off and on and long-press brings up a settings page.

I have seen a setting or page where a choice given to activate auto or not, but I couldn't find it when I looked for you. At this point, things are always a mystery as to whether or not Samsung has moved a setting, REMOVED a setting, or something else. I've spent a lot of time searching and searching for stuff I swore I've seen before or that I feel that it's so intuitive that it must be there.

But the icon list at the very top bar (notification bar) is where the VPN icon is. I move mine to the priority list because I frequently keep an eye on it and turn it off when needed. I always thought there was a setting for auto but maybe now it's defaulted to auto and all we can do is turn off and then back on again. 1722112174040.jpg
0 Likes