Original topic:

How do I close a split screen window?

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
joeschmo19
Galaxy
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I was trying to open messages from a text notification, when I hit the button in the bottom right of the notification and opened a mini window of the one-time code message I was trying to get to. How do I close the window?

0 Likes
6 Replies
realaud
Neutron Star
Options

just hit the home key on the nav bar or swipe to home (whichever gestures you use), that will close both screens, then you can open the one you want. I'm sure there's another way to do it, but that's the way I do it, when I accidentally activate the multi view

0 Likes
joeschmo19
Galaxy
Options
But that just puts it in a pop-up, and it's still there.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options

I don't know, whenever it happens to me, that's how I work it. I haven't bothered to figure out any other way.  Perhaps swiping left or right on the window you don't want? Frankly, I'm not even exactly sure how to activate it in the first place, because sometimes I actually want to do it.

0 Likes
joeschmo19
Galaxy
Options
About making it appear- go into open apps view,(three lines for me) and touch and hold on the window you want to split screen.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@joeschmo19 In the middle of the dividing line between the apps you will see 3 dots. Click and drag there to the bottom of the screen.

Of course if the screen is split so that apps are side by side, drag the dividing line to one side or another. 

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options

OK, I figured it out.  When you accidentally open the multi view, you can close one window by going to the open apps view and close the app you no longer want to view. That will cause the other to go full screen.  You can also turn off (or at least control the behavior of) multi view in settings/advanced features/multi window