JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How safe is Samsung Pass/Wallet as a password manager?

(Topic created: 09-23-2022 05:49 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I use Samsung Wallet as a way to pay at stores through NFC, as well as to automatically put in my debit card information and shipping address on applications. I'm just wondering how safe Samsung Pass/Wallet is, and to know whether I should use it or opt for a different service.

Thanks in advance!
13 Replies
bkmelas
Comet
Options
I haven't ihad any issues so far. I've been using it longer than a year.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Thanks! Do you use it to save log in information for apps, or do you use it for websites, too?
0 Likes
bkmelas
Comet
Options
I use it for both.
0 Likes
Shrewdharmony
Asteroid
Options
I've been with Samsung since 2010 and never had any issues using it. I've also used Microsoft and didn't like that one as much. It stores my passwords, credit cards, and addresses.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Thank you! I don't use any Microsoft applications or services, so I was debating on either keeping private information like that on Samsung, Google (since I use it the most), or a good, premium password manager.

I know that the issue with non-premium password manager is that it uses our information for whatever reason, but I trust their encryption and don't have reason to fear for breaches if I use Samsung Wallet or Google's version of it.
0 Likes
5GKiller
Astronaut
Options
If you use a wallet then the CCP has your information period!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
It's okay, I don't really care about it.
0 Likes
Solution
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
I use Samsung Pass. I have Microsoft Authenticator as a backup. You should always have some redundancy for your critical apps. (2 browsers, 2 pay apps, 2 password managers) Of course, ymmv.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Thank you for the response and tip, that's really smart to do!

What browsers do you use, if you don't mind me asking?
0 Likes