JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to store whole www pages in Samsung notes

(Topic created: 03-16-2024 10:19 AM)
maoli_37
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

It is possible to store whole www pages in Samsung notes with a s-pen by choosing between link or whole page options. Is it possible without the s-pen somehow?

Screenshot_20240316_064211_YouTube.jpg

9 Replies
Darline23
Asteroid
Options

Yes, it's possible to store entire web pages in Samsung Notes without using the S-Pen. You can achieve this by utilizing the built-in browser feature within Samsung Notes. Here's how you can do it:

1. Open Samsung Notes on your device.
  2. Tap on the "Create" icon to start a new note.
  3. Within the note, tap on the three-dot menu icon (⋮) located at the top-right corner of the screen.
  4. From the menu that appears, select "Insert."
  5. Choose "Web link" or "Web page" option.
  6. If you select "Web link," you'll be prompted to enter the URL of the webpage you want to save. If you choose "Web page," you'll be directed to the built-in browser where you can navigate to the webpage you want to save.
  7. Once you've selected the desired webpage, tap on "Save" or "Insert" to store it in your Samsung Note.

maoli_37
Cosmic Ray
Options

Screenshot_20240316_114045_Samsung Notes.jpg

 Thank you for your time. I must be doing something completely wrong because I cannot see the options which you have described. Once I click on the 3 dots menu, I can see the annexed screenshot. 

LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@maoli_37 Look to the right of the title of the note and you should see a paperclip icon. This is the Attach icon.

If the screen is too narrow to show those icons, Attach will be on the 3 dot menu.  

maoli_37
Cosmic Ray
Options

Once I click on the paper clip icon, I have no such options as add link or add whole page. See screenshot. 

Screenshot_20240316_152224_Samsung Notes.jpg

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options

@maoli_37 I wasn't looking for those options but you are correct. I did some research and that menu or icon is not used when inserting a web page. 

Instead do this:

1. Open Samsung Notes. 
  2. Either create a new blank note or an existing note. 
  3. Open Samsung Internet.
  4. Return to the Samsung Note and you will see a new bar at the bottom of the page. It has 2 options Link or Whole page. 

So the trick is having Samsung Internet open when you are editing the note. 

maoli_37
Cosmic Ray
Options

Hi, thanks for spending your time. I have tried the trick. I left open Samsung Internet and then opened Note and started a new note. I am afraid no success. No new menu.  Nothing. I have S21 5g.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options

@maoli_37 It is a pop-up near the bottom of the note. See my screenshot. Screenshot_20240316_121556_Samsung Internet.jpg

Solution
maoli_37
Cosmic Ray
Options

@LongHiker I wanted to show you it did not work and therefore prepare a screenshot on splitter screen and voila. It worked suddenly. The splitted screen is a

Screenshot_20240317_000914_Samsung Internet.jpg

prerequisite to have it working. Simply speaking, it is not enough to open Samsung Internet and then Samsung Notes. Someone has to split screen to see both applications and then it works. To be honest Microsoft OneNote does it in an easier way, but anyway it can be achieved in the Samsung notes too. Thank you VERY much @LongHiker 

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options

@maoli_37 Glad that you were able to get it to work!