JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Images treated as inline object in Notes

(Topic created: 09-02-2020 05:56 PM)
JBJedi
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hi, this should probably be in the feature request section, but I can't find a link to get there so I'll put it here.

I noticed while using the newest version of Samsung Notes (which in most aspects is great and I'm happy that it's finally shaping up to be a decent Apple Notes rival) that it is cumbersome to use images in notes now. Unlike in Apple Notes where the image is treated as an inline object that moves with the text around it, images remain stationary and text is forced to move around the image. This is ultra inconvenient and time-consuming when adding pictures to clarify different parts of a note and then going back to add more detail to the text around it. Is there a way to change how the images are treated in the Notes app? If not, please add this feature. This is almost enough to break the app for me.

I'm business owner who frequently uses images interspersed with notes to quote on large jobs and I always take pictures and jot notes on site which I later flesh out in the notes. If the pictures can't stay where they're supposed to be with the proper notes, I won't be able to use the notes app.

Thanks!

10 Replies
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

indigo6ix
Constellation
Options

Bring it back!!!!! 😁

userg1JpZ79QfD
Astronaut
Options

Is someone working on this issue?

userBSaFpY01V8
Astronaut
Options

I second this! Cumbersome, annoying, ruining the app experience. I'm not sure how having a picture NOT move with text that's being edited would ever be the default (let alone ONLY) option for anyone... 

Along with fixing this, fix support for my Swype+Dragon keyboard I use. I have to change keyboards every time I type in Notes because it spouts jibberish, when every other app uses it just fine. 

SpaghettiCat
Constellation
Options

Came here for this. Please fix this problem. I can't imagine why anybody would want a fixed image in a notes app. The images should move down the page and stay with the relevant text as the notes are typed, simlar to MS Word or any other text based app. Thank you for any assistance.

user51exujszDk
Constellation
Options

Hopefully they will fix this soon. The app is much better with this feature built in. Before it worked fine but after the last update I must convert my notes and it doesn't worked anymore. Why they will take this feature out?

0 Likes
indigo6ix
Constellation
Options

I've been having this issue for so long now.

None of my recent Notes have images anymore because they stay at the top of each Note and all my text goes underneath. This makes the Notes very boring indeed.

I've loved this app for years and now I I'm not using it much.

I've been struggling to find a good enough replacement. (Ideas welcome)

I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want a photo and relevant text to be together!!!

@JBJedi the struggle is real dude!!💜

userP217HWrwXW
Constellation
Options

This feature is awful and needs fixing! Images are now unuseable in Notes. Nobody who uses the app wants their images locked in a fixed position whilst texts floats around it. It's a nightmare. You literally cannot use images and text together in a way that makes sense anymore. Everything else about the app is great, but this is horribly, horribly broken and needs addressing. It can't be hard - it worked fine in older versions! 

userOdOnLBjOeI
Astronaut
Options

YES!!! IMAGE ISSUE IN NOTES APP is a deal breaker for me, I will have to move all my content to another app. Please fix this problem, and soon. I have been gathering many field notes with images in Samsung Notes for 10 years for my  hobby-turned-business (Galaxie 2 to current Note 9). I like many things in the update, but I can't imagine why this was overlooked, why anyone would want a fixed image in a notes app. The images should move down the page and stay with the text as the notes are typed, simlar to MS Word or any other text based app. Please fix soon...☹