JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Latest OS update broke Smart View to my LG TV

(Topic created: 12-21-2019 07:49 PM)
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

There are two ways I want to connect my phone to my LG OLED65B7A TV.  One is with the Smart View sharing my screen to the TV.  (miracast).  This used to work.  I had trouble with the connection and to try a bunch of times, but then it would finally connect.  But now when I run Smart View, it looks for devices, finds the TV, but instead of saying "Mirror Screen", it says "Play Content" as if all the TV was was a speaker.

On the other hand, I want to use the phone with my Windows Phone Puck that plugs into the TV.  I was suprised before that I could get it to work at all.  But after playing a bit, I could get it to connect.  However, during that connection, the phone was making and breaking the HDMI connection and I had to catch it at just the right time for it to work (which wasn't easy).

But now, the Puck works immediately and fine so that I can use Dex.  That part is great!

Now how can I mirror the screen again without hardware connection, but just through wi-fi or whatever it was using before?

2 Replies
Solution
Mtiede
Comet
Options

Never mind.  I disconnected the bluetooth wireless headphones from the TV, I rebooted the phone, powered the tv off and on, made sure that the wifi on the TV was connected, and then the Smart View showed the TV with the choice for Mirror Screen and it worked.

Hopefully it will continue working.

0 Likes
houdini7
Astronaut
Options
How do I connect my Galaxy AOL phone to my Vizio tv?
0 Likes