JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Lyrics support for OPUS/OGG Files

(Topic created: 07-31-2022 02:56 PM)
KyleTBA
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I used to have all my music in the M4A format, and I really enjoyed using the lyric tag feature to view the lyrics of my songs anywhere.

Recently I switched over to the OPUS format because of its improved quality, but for some reason the Samsung Music player doesn't support lyrics tags in OPUS or OGG files.

If someone could fix this, that would be great. This problem legitimately has me considering switching my music player to a different app. Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Jousboxx
Constellation
Options

I second this. I'm in the same situation, except I have the further motivation that I'm almost done developing a tool that will automatically download my music and embed the lyrics. The lyric tag feature is also a must-have for me, so I'm looking at either having to re-encode hundreds or thousands of songs to mp3 and lose quality, or switch to a different app. Quite frustrating, especially since this seems like it would be really easy to implement. I've been using Samsung music for 7 years and loving it, so really don't want to switch. Please Samsung!

0 Likes
KyleTBA
Constellation
Options

You should definitely know when the tool is done (if you plan on releasing it publicly). It sounds awesome and I would love to try it out!

It doesn't look like Samsung has seen this thread yet. That or they don't care. Either way, not looking good.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes