Original topic:

New files LOST in new phone after transferring with Samsung Smart Switch!!!

(Topic created: yesterday)
MeWha
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I have had my S24 Ultra since February.  I have made many entries to Color Notes on this phone...very important information!  When my husband got his new phone and we learned how to use Smart Switch and successfully transferred info from his old phone to his new phone, I thought that I would do the same for my phone.

So, I happily did the transfer.  When I looked through my files, I saw to my horror that every entry that I had made in Color Notes on my S24U had been deleted and replaced with old notes from my old phone!!!!  How can this be??!!  Smart Switch info says that it will NOT erase or delete info on the new phone!!  Also, all of my app icons have been totally rearranged...with some of them missing!!  Like the "phone" icon!!  What in heck happened??!!

I would love to know how to retrieve my lost files from my new phone!!  If anyone knows how, I would love to know!  Please help!!

2 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@MeWha Ouch, that does sound unfortunate. I'm guessing this Color Notes is a 3rd party app? Have you reached out to the developers of that app to see if they have any suggestions? 

Options
If you go into smart switch and tap the 3 dots on the top right, it will take you to transfer results. You can click on apps to see what was transferred. It shows what you had and if it wasn't transferred, you can download it again. I don't know anything about color notes, but maybe it had cloud storage and hopefully if you download it again, your notes will be there.