JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No audio from apps since update

(Topic created: 01-21-2022 02:13 PM)
ninrooinpa
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Many apps (games) no longer play audio or sound effects since the latest update.  Video, music, YouTube, etc all function normally with audio playback.  Any known issues or fixes?
7 Replies
K3Hydra
Asteroid
Options
Same with me
0 Likes
carbfrze
Constellation
Options

Same here. I have a Samsung S10+. Ever since updating to Android 12 I have no audio on any games. Videos and music files and apps are working just fine.

0 Likes
carbfrze
Constellation
Options

Possible Fix:
I plugged in my headphones (into the physical 3.5mm jack) heard the audio cut in. Opened a couple of games and the audio is now working. Unplugged headphones and audio is still working.

Unfortunately, I have to do this every time open a game. If I close it or Close All the audio goes away again.

0 Likes
ninrooinpa
Asteroid
Options
Found a fix.

In settings, select About Phone, scroll down to Reset. From there, Reset All Settings. You'll have to input wifi passwords again and some other settings, but it was worth it to fix the audio issue.
0 Likes
ninrooinpa
Asteroid
Options
With this, you won't lose any data, files, contacts, etc.
0 Likes
Solution
HaniBitar
Constellation
Options

Fixed: 
Go to the "Sounds and vibration" settings menu, select "Sound quality and effects," and toggle the two Dolby Atmos settings on (or just the one for gaming).

robkopter
Constellation
Options

@HaniBitar: This fixed my issue. Random apps with no sound have been plaguing me since the Android 12 update. Thanks for finding and posting this solution!

Samsung Galaxy S10+