Original topic:

No longer have Knox or the ability to turn off or change permissions on several of the apps?

(Topic created: a week ago)
sw33ts
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Im hoping someone can tell me what exactly has been put on my phone. At first I thought it may be spyware but my whole device has been taken over. I no longer have Knox or the ability to turn off or change permissions on several of the apps now on my phone. Behind my clock is a whole stack of hidden programs with the ability to reroute my calls without my intervention, forward and delete calls and messages without my knowledge, use the mic at anytime, and thats just to name a few. Ive factorty reset it yet it didnt bring it back to how it was when I first recieved it. Instead it boots to this api version 3. Ive also notice a standalone network setting that ive only seen on things like tablets and watches.. PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED... THANKS

14 Replies
TriggaMan
Constellation
Options
Same here to the teee I've been locked out my Gmail and my car is in limp mode my key :key: it's my key my car won't pull off 2 years and can't remove this hidden program otp or something app that's as far as I got but it won't allow me to download it
0 Likes
sw33ts
Asteroid
Options
Ive went thru 7 phones and currently back in school working on a cyber crime certificate over all this been going on for about 4 years now.. Its beyond frustrating and an invasion of privacy..
LongHairDontCare
Asteroid
Options
I went thru 7 or 8 phones mine came to me from Facebook, I had to walk away from all social media accounts emails I switched providers changed phone numbers but to no avail . I see small things wrong with apps , like that shouldn't look the way they do , it's like my phone goes to a computer that is simulating what I see my phone wouldn't me access the internet it wanted wifi and it just really see8like it wanted others devices stuff like share my Sim data just crazy stuff
sw33ts
Asteroid
Options
@ LongHairDontCare that may just be a setting in your data and apps make sure the app youre using has permission to use data or wifi
communityuser453e56y
Constellation
Options
Same here
LongHairDontCare
Asteroid
Options
Well like right now I can't make phone calls unless I use lte data, and Gmail won't open I get a message from duckduck go that wants me to turn off block connections without VPN
sw33ts
Asteroid
Options
so no one knows what this could be or how to fix it?
sw33ts
Asteroid
Options
heres some picsScreenshot_20210815-154645-268_1000000403_1718209009.png1719131237000.jpg1719131237011.jpg
ImpossibleBox
Cosmic Ray
Options
I think you might be misinformed about these, potentially a significant menu/layout change after your phone update to a newer version of OneUI can look totally different and confusing.
Screenshot 1 is viewing the SSL certification for google.com. SSL is used for secure website connections (https), and that is google's. Not malware or anything unusual.

Screenshots 2&3, those are just the permissions required for samsung's wearable app, used for smart accessories like the galaxy watch series. Lots of permissions needed so it can do those fancy smart features on your behalf via the watch like voice commanding it to edit your calender. And apps that absolutely require certain permissions to function don't have the permissions as an option, especially for system apps. Also not malware or unusual.