Original topic:

Old contacts are still popping up

(Topic created: 09-10-2024 10:20 PM)
Beeetsssyyy
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hey guys i am noticed when I press the bubble to write a new text old contacts that I have "deleted" are still popping up on m list.. how do I delete them permanently??? 

18 Replies
Options
You may need to go into your Google account and access your contacts that way and delete them. The ones you want deleted, that is.
Sean_Read
Cosmic Ray
Options

Theyā€™re likely drawing the old contacts from an email account. If you go into your main settings and then into Contacts, it will give you the option to see where the contacts are syncing to and from.

Options
See if this helps...go into your contacts app and tap one that keeps on coming back. When you do that, tap where it says storage location. If the storage place is your Google account, try moving it to your phone and then delete it. More than likely those contacts are attached to your Google account and that is why they come back.
Beeetsssyyy
Asteroid
Options
Thats the thing they do not pop up on my contacts list .. they only pop up as if I am writing a new text when I press on it , it pops up as an unsaved number
KnightRiderRalph
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Do you still have any old text messages from that number?

0 Likes
Beeetsssyyy
Asteroid
Options
No
0 Likes
Options
If it's a contact name and number, you no longer use go to your contact app, tap open the contact, then tap more at the bottom right, and when the pop-up appears tap delete. It will move the deleted contact to trash, which you can delete or restore in the contact app. You can also check the storage location for each contact in the contact app, tap open the contact, and you should see history and storage.
JBDiGG
Halo
Options
Go to your contact list. Click 3 dots and click "Manage Contacts" then click "Sync Contacts"

Check to make sure you are syncing from the accounts you want.
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Yeah just delete people how cliche, Microsoft you have to go real deep into the settings to turn off that feature. Guess everyone I have emailed is about to be dox oh well
0 Likes