Original topic:

Old contacts are still popping up

(Topic created: 09-10-2024 10:20 PM)
Beeetsssyyy
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hey guys i am noticed when I press the bubble to write a new text old contacts that I have "deleted" are still popping up on m list.. how do I delete them permanently??? 

18 Replies
KnightRiderRalph
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

When you delete contacts they still remain in the "Trash" section for 30 days until they are removed permanently, if there are any contacts in the "Trash" section you can delete them permanently from there. Hope that helps.

Beeetsssyyy
Asteroid
Options
Yes I checked it's completely empty but old contacts keeps popping up
KnightRiderRalph
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Try deleting the text app's cache and see if it still happens

Beeetsssyyy
Asteroid
Options
How do I do that
KnightRiderRalph
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Tap and hold the messaging app icon until you see a pop up then click in the "i" circle on the top right of that pop up then down and tap on storage and on the bottom, you will see clear cache and clear data. If just clearing the cache doesn't work, clear both the cache and the data and see if that fixes it. Just make sure there aren't any text messages you wanted deleted in case you clear the data.

Options
Long press on your text app icon, and when you see the dialogue box pop up, tap the little i in the circle in the top right hand corner. That will take you to its info page. Scroll down to where it says storage, tap on that, and tap clear cache on the bottom right to clear it.
0 Likes
Beeetsssyyy
Asteroid
Options
Nothing happened
0 Likes
Options
Hopefully clearing data will help like @KnightRiderRalph suggested
0 Likes
Beeetsssyyy