Original topic:

One UI 7/ Android 15 Feedback and Feature Requests

(Topic created: a week ago)
horlas08
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Please include guests mode to ui 7 or mutiuser feature other small phone have it talkless of High cost phone. I hear the feature is included in iPad thanks

229 Replies
PrivacyandSecurity
Cosmic Ray
Options
I just read an article that says Google plans on having persistent virus scanning in Android 15. Claiming its not playing with the side-loading of 3rd party apps. In attempt to control all devices using Android. 1. I handle my own device security. Even if I didn't I paid for the hardware so its my job to deal with what I am doing on it. Also, its my business what I do on it. 2. Manufacturers better dial back some of the overreach from these big tech companies. It's a turnoff to buying any of their future products. 3. I'm not buying any devices I can't control. No way, am I paying my hard earned money, to let someone just supposed to be providing the OS, that should just be running in the background without usage interruptions like Linux, control it. 4. Always scanning, running in the background is going to seriously impact battery life and shorten the lifespan of the battery. Something else I will not be paying for to happen. 5. Like those AI powered PCs, any manufacture allowing the overreach, their merchandise will be staying on the shelves. Microsoft now knows, with having to remap their unwanted copilot keyboard button, and the key purpose revision. They are not ushering in a new era of computer. Tech users just flushed 100 billion of their dollars down the drain with the rejection of copilot PCs.
Mac-18
Nebula
Options
Wonderfully detailed! I feel the same way.
Options
Well to anyone who purchased a new S Series or Z Foldable this year keep in mind that those phones will still get 7 years of OS updates and security patches as promised by samsung themselves. No beta program this year? Big deal, get a Google pixel if you need early access to Android 15. Every time we get One Ui beta early a lot of things are broken on day 1 and I believe it's time for samsung to start taking the software side in terms of camera, speed, performance, app fluidity, battery life and optimization more seriously. I much rather have samsung get it right this time and have the next generation of phones ready for war on day 1 with no issues unlike the S24 Series. We've been so spoiled with beta programs that we forget that Samsung and many other brands don't have to give us access to unfinished software. I remember when One UI 4 beta broke the 120 hz refresh rate (motion smoothness) in 2021 and I don't think anyone wants to experience that again. From now on I want every new One Ui experience to be truly optimized and 100 % stable with no drawbacks. Samsung just get it right from here on out, expectations have been raised since we're overpricing the phones and all so let's keep the same energy. 
laguira37
Asteroid
Options
NO GOOD šŸ™ˆšŸ™ˆšŸ™ˆšŸ™ˆšŸ™ˆšŸ™ˆšŸ™ˆšŸ™ˆšŸ™ˆšŸ™ˆšŸ™ˆšŸ™ˆšŸ™ˆšŸ™ˆšŸ™‰šŸ™‰šŸ™‰šŸ™ˆšŸ™ˆšŸ™ˆ
Mac-18
Nebula
Options
Honestly, some people are so impatient but it's not like they're going to miss it.
Options
That's true, I'm tired of the software not being on the same level as the hardware on Samsung phones. They break too many things in beta. For once I'd like samsung flagships to be **bleep** near flawless with little to no problems. It'd be a nice change for once.
0 Likes
yamialex
Halo
Options
I really don't believe Samsung will be able to support their devices for 7 years they don't make stuff to last that long and nobody keeps a device for 7 years
0 Likes
Options
The average person upgrades their phones every 2-3 years normally however they are people who will unexpectedly keep a phone pass their supported life cycle. People are still using S9, note 9, S10 & even the note 10 series to this day not to mention the 4 year old S/N 20 Series. I think the 7 year commitment matters to those who don't upgrade every 2-3 years and that gives them a peace of mind. If you take good care of your phones and protect your investment it will last 7 years or longer even if you had the battery replaced or not. My note 4 is a fossil and still running with t-mobile services even though it can't truly compete with my foldables. The hardware has really came a long way since the note 4. As for software I don't miss touchwiz at all, I'm glad they killed it off with One Ui.
0 Likes
PrivacyandSecurity
Cosmic Ray
Options
You need to wait and get it right. Include more security to stop that "persistent" scanning by Google. I use my own security software I pay for on all my devices. I personally do not need redundancy. It should be optional. My battery drain will be tremendous with two applications performing the same tasks and it makes no sense. Plus, some of us, we use multiple app stores, so tying us to go would be helping Google create a monopoly. Something you are already being sued for doing. I rarely use Google because of their predatory practices. "Read their terms of agreement and tell us you as a consumer would be looking for that kind of experience." Letting Google collect everything you are doing on your devices. South Korea has stringent data protection laws. We are asking that you extend that to all your customer base as default. 
thethrashers89
Asteroid
Options
They also need to fix the horrible audio quality.
0 Likes