Original topic:

Oneui Widget Resize feature request

(Topic created: 05-14-2024 08:59 PM)
Cza0352
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I'm so frustrated with Oneui. I dropped 2k USD on another Fold device and I've had enough with not being able to resize the widgets. They're so OBNOXIOUSLY big on the homescreen for no reason. On almost every 3rd party launcher you can really resize them down to even 1/1 icons. Some widgets look perfect being 1x2. 

Right now my tesla app widget is huge on my home screen even after resizing it to the smallest that Oneui will allow me. I really just want to be able to use Oneui and this is the only thing keeping me back. I feel like I'm losing out so much on the fold experience with the Taskbar because these stupid widgets are so HUGE and OBNOXIOUS. 

Please let us the user have full control of the widget sizing. 

I would honestly pay for this to be a feature and I would bet I'm not the only one who feels this way either to the point where we can start a community funded bounty. 

Thank you 

11 Replies
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Most widgets can be resized by long pressing on them and dragging the edges to your desired size. Make note, that some of them will cut off certain information if they are made to be too small
Cza0352
Asteroid
Options
Ryan we are obviously aware since Oneui launch widget resize has needed to be reworked. There is absolutely no reason for a widget to take up 1/3 of my screen re estate when it can be compressed to just 1 row high and a few icons wide. Look at how much unnecessary space is used with Oneui VS Nova launcher where you can compress it to reduce the area around the widget. Oneui has a huge border around the widget for now reason. So much useless left over space SmartSelect_20240515_080946_Nova Launcher_1000022121_1715774987.pngScreenshot_20240515_081044_One UI Home_1000022123_1715775045.pngScreenshot_20240515_081111_One UI Home_1000022125_1715775071.png
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
I agree, just giving a little information. You have to remember that not everyone we encounter here knows that it can, to some degree, be resized. I had no idea what you did or didn't know. So I gave some basic information. So no, it wasn't obvious that you knew that already. My apologies
Cza0352
Asteroid
Options
No worries. My apologies for coming off so strong it's just so frustrating after so many years it hasn't even been included in good lock modules. I've mentioned it in the past during the Samsung Insights program when the Galaxy line was still young in development. It's gotten better over the years buts it's literally the final touch Samsung needs to make along with increasing row and colum icon count in the good lock modules.

A lot of users are missing out on the full experience on their Galaxy Folds because of these issues. It's not fair to the community to not even let us modify the good lock modules so we can finally patch a problem that's gone longer than it should. If the devs are too busy with other items let the community make Oneui better by having access to the good lock modules.
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Agreed. The widget padding is kind of crazy. No worries at all
Cza0352
Asteroid
Options
Yesssss. The padding is wild! Lol i wasn't sure how to request a feature so I made this thread here on the members app. If this isn't the proper spot if you could please point me in the right direction.
Cza0352
Asteroid
Options
It's been an ask since 2020 when Samsung Insights was still around and I was rocking my Note 20. Screenshot_20240515_102932_Brave_1000022132_1715783372.pngScreenshot_20240515_102941_Brave_1000022133_1715783381.png
0 Likes
Cza0352
Asteroid
Options

Lockstar has this padding feature exactly in the lockscreen module on good lock

0 Likes
Cza0352
Asteroid
Options
So with a few different widgets on the Lockstar module I noticed it works perfect. My biggest gripe was my tesla app but it works perfectly across everything!
0 Likes