JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone app Crashing after One UI 6.0 update.

(Topic created: 11-21-2023 09:51 AM)
text1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

After One UI 6.0 update, I can't see who is calling or accept/reject the call. 

Callbgprovider app Crashing
Call app Crashing 
Phone app Crashing

These are the pop ups showing up.
 Need to fix ASAP 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
631 Replies
DDQ50
Cosmic Ray
Options
Same problem workaround is to install google phone and set as default and you can make and receive calls but Samsung needs to fix this asap

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.dialer
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Did you contact your carrier about the issue?
VeeSmiles
Asteroid
Options
Not yet. Will do sometime today
Members_yiPTwFF
Constellation
Options

Same here. Happened immediately after update

Woofter70
Constellation
Options
Same here - s22
PlanetP
Asteroid
Options
**bleep** is going on with this Phone app? App flickers, can't see contacts once call is ringing, can't see who's calling, can't hang up, this is a mess. Of all the things we'd need, it'd surely be a Phone 🤦🏾‍:female_sign: jeez. I didn't even ask for an update. Uggh 
batt_007
Asteroid
Options
Their only solution right now is to use Google phone app
0 Likes
PlanetP
Asteroid
Options
That isn't working for me either. I already had it installed and I think the Phone app works in the background. I'm getting the same results. This sucks!
0 Likes
chrispyj
Halo
Options
Yeah I feel your pain, and I made a thread adressing this and instead of taking action, samsung moderation decided to delete my post and temporarily restrict me from posting. Hopefully this gets fixed soon so we can use our phones for their intended purposes
shar3560
Constellation
Options
Every since I did the update on my phone (galaxy s22t) my phone has been acting crazy... I can't seem to answer or make calls without a flashing white light consistently showing up on my screen. I can't seem to do anything else while this is going on. I am also getting notifications consistently more than before. I've seen one that says call BG provider, one that says calls not working and the other says phone keeps stopping... This is very nerve-racking. I have reached out to att who informed me that there have been multiple calls about the same thing... I've also reached out to samsung.. The last gentleman I spoke to advised me to take my phone to a store. That was almost 2 hours away because that's the closest one to me. I've also tried a few restarts...