JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Prevent Duplicate Calendar Notifications (Samsung + Google)

(Topic created: 04-25-2023 06:04 PM)
requa
Comet
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I use Google Calendar on my Galaxy S22 and on my Windows PC, primarily to allow the access across platforms. Google Calendar includes integration with Samsung Calendar on my phone. If I create an event in Google Calendar I get reminder notifications from both apps on my phone. Is there an easy way to prevent the duplication of the notifications, at least for events I manually created in Google?

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
from inside the Samsung Calendar app...settings > manage calendars...from there, you can toggle off calendars. this will stop the notifications.

View solution in context

4 Replies
SmudgePilot
Constellation
Options
Settings, Notifications, App Notifications, toggle off either Google Calendar or Samsung Calendar
0 Likes
requa
Comet
Options
Thank you for the quick response. That seems straightforward enough. but the part I left off was that it appears not to be possible to toggle off the Samsung Calendar notifications. I had been trying this through the app properties but it is the same through this method -- Samsung Calendar does not permit turning the notifications off. Since many of my events are those I create manually in Google Calendar, I'm assuming I'm better off not disabling notifications from that app. I can live with the minor annoyance of dismissing duplicate notifications if necessary.
Screenshot_20230425_213954_Settings.jpg

Dan
0 Likes
Solution
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
from inside the Samsung Calendar app...settings > manage calendars...from there, you can toggle off calendars. this will stop the notifications.
requa
Comet
Options

Thank you, @notforhire .  That is just what I was looking for. 

Dan