JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Quick access for Google wallet

(Topic created: 03-26-2024 05:33 AM)
Handleysonline
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

It would be a great feature to be able to use swipe up gesture "quick access" for Google wallet rather than Samsung wallet. Google wallet has cards which I cannot add to Samsung wallet. Therefore being able to toggle quick access to use Google wallet instead would improve user experience. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Oh, please. How hard is it to tap an icon to open Google wallet, rather than swipe up? Keep the app on a prominent place on your home screen or add it to your quick launch bar at the bottom so it appears on all your home screens.

That being said, it would be nice to be offered the choice of which wallet you want as default. The watch allows you to choose which wallet is your default pay app. I only use my watch to pay, sonce I'm too lazy to drag my phone out of my bag. It's the secondary reason I got the watch.
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
You can always use the double tap power to open the app
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options

Found another possible solution for you in the meantime.  You can add the Google Wallet to the quick access on the lock screen.  Long press on your lock screen and then you will see the "+" in a circle in each of the lower corners of the wallpaper.  Click either of the + signs and select Wallet as the app you want there, then click "done".  The app icon will now appear on your lock screen.  Then you would long press-you will see the edge panel come up-and slide (slide left if you put the icon on the right and slide right if you put the icon on the left).  

To me, it seems just the same and just as easy as putting the wallet icon in a prominent place, such as the quick access row on the bottom of your screen or the apps panel in the edge panels, so it's accessible no matter which of your home screens you are on.  I know you think otherwise about that, hence your request of the swipe up gesture that's reserved for Samsung Pay.

Screenshot_20240406_091209_Wallpaper and style.jpg

0 Likes