Original topic:

Samsung Gallery app incompatible

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
wickedindian
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

It has not been updated for a very long time.

Why is Samsung neglecting one of their main app?
The app is still much better then lot of other android options.

And on flip5 its showing incompatible???

14 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@wickedindian Samsung Gallery was last updated on Feb 5, 2024. Version 15.0.01.1

wickedindian
Cosmic Ray
Options
Depends on the model and android version..as I already have a higher version...15.1.03.12
which might have been automatically updated with ui6.1 but not seen any app update in store for a very long time1716405697311_1716405697304_0.jpg
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Interesting that is the same version I have installed. When I visit the Store I don't see a notice about being incompatible. 1716406086206_1716406086193_0.jpg
0 Likes
wickedindian
Cosmic Ray
Options
Yeah no update is still digestible..but not compatible on one of the Samsung premium series..that's something messed up
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Hello wickedindian, Thank you for reaching out. We understand the concern with the Gallery app showing incompatible.

Have you tried clearing the app cache? https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077611/

We recommend restarting the phone after clearing the cache and check for app updates in both the Play Store and Galaxy Store.

Let us know if there is any change.

wickedindian
Cosmic Ray
Options
Yes done clearing cache beforeui 6.1 and after too..no change.. lost all the custom edited stories.. and they got recreated differently.
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Have you tried both connected to Wi-Fi and then connected to Mobile Data? Is the same on both connections?

0 Likes
wickedindian
Cosmic Ray
Options
Yes.. no difference on wifi or mobile..definitely some bug somewhere.. as the same incompatible is for AI wallpapers and KMS agent 1716406966244.jpg1716406966263.jpg
0 Likes
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Some Samsung apps sometimes gets update with the software update. Also, the apps like Samsung Gallery and Photo Editor sometimes get updates on Galaxy Store (not Google Play store).

You see this "not compatible" message on Play store because it could be older version that no long supports on your phone.

Most of the time, you should check updates for the Samsung apps on Galaxy store, which is the most up to date.