Original topic:

Samsung/Google Contacts Amounts Differ Though Synced Daily

(Topic created: 10-30-2022 12:17 PM)
sarecee
Halo
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hey Community,

Can anyone tell me why my Samsung Contacts app has less number of contacts listed than my Google Contacts even though they sync with one another daily??
Thanks in advance for your help🙂

6 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options

Ours (wife and I) Contacts don't "sync together" for Samsung and Google Contacts ... why would they ?

Let's say you leave the Samsung ecosystem... you'd then have to export all your Samsung contacts.

We are slowly migrating all unique contacts out of Samsung, so they're all only in Google Contacts.

It's a pain to deal with two different contact storage systems

d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Good afternoon @sarecee I hope you're doing well.

The reason why your contacts from the Samsung Contacts app doesn't save to your Google contacts app is because they are two different contacts apps altogether.

When saving a contact: you'll want to do it through the Google Contacts app because it's tied to your android account. So when you go to save a contact; you'll need to use Google Contacts.
sarecee
Halo
Options
Thank you for your response. I've used Samsung for years but never paid attention to the number of Contacts verses Google Contacts. So I can assume the reason why the numbers don't equal is because of the migration. I understand now.
Thank you for your help and time🙂
0 Likes
Solution
Dbeezy
Astronaut
Options
Also try exporting your contacts from Google into your Samsung contacts and make sure to occasionally manually sync both your Google drive and your Samsung cloud
sarecee
Halo
Options
Oh ok I will try the exporting to samsung contacts and syncing drive and cloud.
Thank you so much!🙂
0 Likes
OldManDeon
Asteroid
Options

Can you please tell me how to export my Google contacts (the blue one) to my Samsung contacts(the orange one) Thanx

0 Likes