JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Health Feature Requests and Feedback

(Topic created: 07-16-2024 11:28 AM)
user24cEoILQGX
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I have a feature request that would be a very helpful for weight training, to have a page to add and customize your workouts like squats and benchpress etc, as well as create a routine that you can follow with integration on samsung health on the watch, example apps jefit and strong lifts.

116 Replies
usersnRyOWvVhc
Constellation
Options

It's where I've been out and battery ran out, I.put on charge and forget to turn it on. 

I was under the perception that charging something without also using power when its on would charge faster.

At the time of putting watch on charge, it wouldn't turn on until at least 1% charged.

I cannot see option to override with manual input. That's only there before it syncs and then the option disappears after

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
I'm just saying, my watch always has a charge when I put it on the charger, but just like it's a reflexive action for me to unlock it when I return it to my wrist, I would think turning it on would be the same kind if reflex for you. Since the watch has been getting iffy battery life lately, I also got into the habit of checking the level in the evening and sitting it on the charger for a bit so it's over 40% before bed. I also purchased and carry with me a power bank made specifically for the watch that fits on a keychain. Like this one https://a.co/d/06OGxxdv

Also, with a watch battery being such small capacity it's a marginal time savings with the watch being off while charging, and constantly letting the battery fully discharge is not good for the battery.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options

In the health app, when you are in the sleep section, click on the 3 dots in the upper right, you will have the option to delete the record.  If you do this, the record will be blank for the day and then you will see a button to manually add the hours for your sleep.

0 Likes
Members_qBRnUJp
Constellation
Options

I have used several apps to track my food and have had the ability to enter my food by scanning a barcode. It would be an excellent addition to the tool.

Also, I measure in cups, tablespoons, and pounds. Most of the food measurement is in grams. Can you add an option for those of us who measure this way?

userffCqrIS42x
Constellation
Options
Seriously! It's 2024, Samsung, **bleep**?!
TeresaF
Constellation
Options
Yes, please!
mlbabb
Constellation
Options
We need a food scanner like the one that is used in my fitness pal
Grey_Beard
Constellation
Options
My suggestion would be add adjustment for activity calories burned and add a food diary widget
0 Likes
userBcDY15Lzpa
Asteroid
Options

I made a post and it was moved to this thread yet I don't see it. I hope there can be adjustments to Samsung Health. 

1) Macro goals. On the app, it will only allow you to change the calories as a target goal. However, there should be a way to change fats, carbs and proteins for target goals. Calories is not what a lot of us are focusing on nor what Registered Dietitians are recommending (more so marcos to fit individual needs). 

2) Better break down of nutrients and goals. Meaning, omega 3s, vitamin d, etc. I would like to see if I'm hitting those micro targets, in what foods, and how I can improve. Perhaps even have recommendations on foods to eat to hit those goals like getting more omega 3 in this way. 

3) Integrate the nutrition and activity better. This  might be happening with the upgraded new energy feature coming with the new devices (which I have preordered the watch to upgrade mine).

4) In the activity section, to have under general the selection of strength training vs going to free weight or weight machine and selecting each individual exercise. Especially as a lot of the exercises even an option to choose from. 

5) Adjust zones based on resting heart rate. I've noticed I've had to share with my friends to manually google how to make zone calculations based on their resting heart rate. Then go into the app to adjust it. There should be a way for the app to do the calculations for you after it gets information regularly on your workout rates, resting heart rate, etc to intuitively made adjustments to make sure you are hitting the correct zones for you as again, each person is different. Many factors can play a roll like medications, medical, heart function, fitness level, etc. 

6) Hydration level. A lot of folks are not getting enough water. As a sleep therapist, I constantly preach to my clients about ensuring they are getting water due to not only their health but improving their sleep. I was using the "water glass" feature but it really didn't tell me anything but if I hit my goal. I know I drink tons of water a day. But I would like to know more about how it is effecting my body in terms of sleep, activity, and nutrition. Looking at my overall health and again using AI to be more intuitive about our bodies. 

7) Food barcode scanner. I don't want to utilize myfitnesspal and other apps. I want 1 cohesive app and the Samsung Health, especially with AI, should be able to provide these updates. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
Juafrar1
Constellation
Options

Hello

I am a Samsung Health user with my Galaxy Watch 4 Classic LTE

I occasionally practice urban inline skating: for this I find the metrics collected by my GalaxyWatch sufficient.

However, when I go to train inline speed skating, I miss the current speed, since selecting the "inline skating" activity only shows the average speed.

Once the training is finished I do not have the speed graph.

Consequently, when I go to practice inline speed skating, I am forced to select the "bicycle" activity. After this, there are times when I don't remember if I actually went on a bicycle or on roller skates.

Please, I would like to be able to select the physical activity I am doing with the appropriate metrics and thus properly take advantage of both my Galaxy Watch and the Samsung Health app. Especially considering that these types of considerations have already been taken into account in other activities.

Thank you šŸ™‚

0 Likes