Original topic:

Samsung Notes: .txt files

(Topic created: a week ago)
J-69
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

How do I open text files?

For example: I have a few .txt files that I copied from my computer to my phone by USB.

1. There is no Open menu choice anywhere in Samsung Notes, which would be the easiest & fastest route.

2. When I open Samsung Notes>Settings>Import Notes & select Phone, the following page is blank & pressing the 'Internal Storage' button does nothing.

3. When I open the My Files app, navigate to & tap a file I want to open, an 'Open with' box comes up, but Samsung Notes is not listed.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@J-69 As you have deduced, you can't open .txt files in Samsung Notes. You would need to open them with another tool, copy the text and then past it into a Note. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@J-69 As you have deduced, you can't open .txt files in Samsung Notes. You would need to open them with another tool, copy the text and then past it into a Note. 

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
A quick search of the play store shows several text document readers. You should have Microsoft word and Google docs preinstalled on your phone, both will open text files, where you can copy and paste into notes.
0 Likes
J-69
Asteroid
Options

My phone does not have Microsoft Word or Google Docs.
I did download Notepad Free by atomczak & have been using it for a few years (on previous phones).  Simple & easy to use & according to atomczak, new features are being worked on at the moment.  Being able to create checklists being 1 of them.

I'm also going to check out Simplenote by Automattic, Inc.

But since Samsung Notes came pre-installed on my A35, I thought I'd check it out.
It's ok w/some nice features; but not being able to open .txt files is really shortsighted on Samsung's part; in my opinion.

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Mine, too.
0 Likes
GogurlDeb
Constellation
Options
Thanks 🙏