Original topic:

Scam callers

(Topic created: 09-29-2021 04:36 AM)
TaggsSST
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I work nights... we need an extended feature that allows us to introduce selective calls to come through while our phones are on silent mode! While I am sleeping during the day I get woken up repeatedly by likely scam callers.  If I put my phone on silent I can sleep soundly until I wake up to realize my boss tried to call me in early... unfortunate lol!  If we could introduce a alternative silent mode that allows selective calls to come through, let's say emergency calls from friends, family, MY BOSS  calls to come through! I could sleep well and help important people in my life in case of an emergency and not be in trouble with the BOSS!  Please make this happen my zzzzzzz depend on you and potentially my job!
5 Replies
TaggsSST
Astronaut
Options
Need some support pretty please! Gotta admit not a horrible idea or an unreasonable request, help me out community!
0 Likes
Nemisis68
Astronaut
Options
a call screen or whitelist feature that allows only contacts or specific contacts would be nice.
have you looked at 3rd party dialer apps?
0 Likes
Solution
Options
Use do not disturb mode instead of silent and then in do not disturb settings check "allow favorite contacts" to call. Then make the favorites in the contacts section the people you want to allow.
Nemisis68
Astronaut
Options
lol, totally forgot about that setting.
0 Likes
CharieBlossom
Astronaut
Options
Yep what RobXbalboa said.
The feature you want already exists in Do Not Disturb.
The only issue I found with DND enabled is that Edge Lighting won't work, but for most people that doesn't matter.
0 Likes