JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Secure Folder Not Accepting Correct Password, Password Reset Not Working

(Topic created: 12-29-2022 03:52 PM)
useraXbrWciQDX
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

There seems to be a major Secure Folder issue with the latest phone update (see reddit posts piling up in last few days below)

Secure folder is not accepting the correct password when entered, and when I click on reset password it goes to a black screen with a spinning white circle that never changes.

I have talked to Samsung support on chat and on the phone with no solution, I wiped the cache, logged out of an into the samsung acccount on the phone, rebooted multiple times. I says I have 5 attempts left and I really need a file in that secure folder! Has anyone found a solution for this??

16 Replies
useraXbrWciQDX
Asteroid
Options

I was worried about that as well, but it's another poorly written samsung prompt. I was so nervous to confirm "delete data", but i saw the total data listed was like 1.6mb and I knew how much data was in the actual secure folder so I closed my eyes and hit delete. All the original files were still there when I logged back in. 

To be clear, It still did not accept the correct password even after I cleared the data and cache, but this time the reset password link actually worked without the spinning circle and I was able to change the password and log back into my secure folder with all the original data there. 

NamedNick
Astronaut
Options
Yeah I figured the same and bit the bullet. Only a few kb of "data" doesn't make sense. I too was able to get in after clearing the data and resetting the password. Jeez Samsung!!

Seriously, Pixel at half the price is looking so much better now....
Members_OMpRakb
Astronaut
Options

Same.  But I do not have a link pop up that says forgot password to change it or restore it.  What can I do?

pjcuddlybear
Constellation
Options

exactly the same issue, I know the password yet its not accepting it, nor is it allowing me the option to reset password, just goes to a blank screen with a every lasting rotating circle, but nothing else, now have to wait 4hrs to try again with 2 attempts remaining, so so frustrating, yet unable to find a solution. Arggghhh 

DecaturZ6
Constellation
Options
Forgot password goes to black loading screen, but it never loads. Only 5 attempts left to keep entering the correct password that it won't accept.
manny975
Constellation
Options
If you go into your settings, then go to apps, scroll or search secured folder, then scroll down to storage and clear the data and cache. Once you cleared them out, go out of the storage and scroll back up and press on secure folder settings. It should prompt you to sign into your Samsung account and then take you to the settings for secured folder in which you can create and change the password. You can then sign into your secured folder with the new password and everything that was in there the last time you used it should still be there. I hope this helps, if not I hope others can find a way to resolve this.
pooponmyshoe
Astronaut
Options
Just worked for me to that's ridiculous