JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone Security S24 Ultra

(Topic created: a week ago)
HarryPoter
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Good Morning how do I scan for Malware and Virus if I don't have the app protection future on my phone, suspected phone Sim Swap or would a regular company do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

If you don't have the app protection feature in Device care you you can download a Virus Protection from the playstore like Norton, Avast, McAfee or Malwarebytes you can also check with your carrier to see if they have a sim protection notification and if they have a virus software they provide

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S24

If you don't have the app protection feature in Device care you you can download a Virus Protection from the playstore like Norton, Avast, McAfee or Malwarebytes you can also check with your carrier to see if they have a sim protection notification and if they have a virus software they provide

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Go into Security and Privacy and turn on Auto Blocker. Possibly run App Protection too.
0 Likes
realaud
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

It's built in to all the phones AFAIK, but you can always download any virus scanning app and run a scan, many are free with limited features, but most are reasonably priced if you want full features.

0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S24

Some carriers remove app protection to force you to use there's 

0 Likes
realaud
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
But I don't think that the carriet can actually prevent you from downloading a different one. I use Malwarebytes since I bought it for my computer and it includes three devices and I had one going to waste, I decided to put it on my phone. But then again I also have an unlocked phone.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S24

No they don't block you from download others that's why I told him above he could use 

"Norton, Avast, McAfee or Malwarebytes you can also check with your carrier to see if they have a sim protection notification and if they have a virus software they provide"

realaud
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

@GaryB82 my bad, I just skipped right over that sentence 😀. In any case, I only reiterated what you said, so it's like a seconded motion.

GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S24

Its ok I overlook things from time to time also 

0 Likes