JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart Hub Not letting me install apps because "Smart Hub is Upgrading"

(Topic created: 04-12-2016 09:36 PM)
Antithesis
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

After I installed my SEK-3500 to my UN50HU6950F I was super excited to test out all of the upgraded features, only to find out that once I get to the smart hub that I'm not allowed to download apps. It was quite disappointing. I keep on getting "Smart Hub is upgrading please try again later" Error. So i leave it sit for 24 hours and try again. Still getting the same error. So i restored the tv to factory settings, unplugged the evolution kit, and restored the TV without the evolution kit to factory settings as well. Everything is updated firmware. I can install apps fine before I plugged in my evolution kit, but I still can't afterwards. Then I call up samsung. They ended up transfering me to remote management who resets everything again, the guy ends up saying that he doesn't know why its not working and then says he is going to transfer me to his supervisor. Ten minutes later I get hung up on without talking to anyone else.  So i play around with the settings, and I notice that when its redownloading the stock apps in the smarthub I get a download error. Also I'm missing my playstation now app. I gave up for the night and went to bed.

Today, I called back and the guy on the other line did the same steps the other guy did and then left to go talk to people and the guy said that one of his coworkers had a similar issue today and that they think it's a problem on samsungs servers.

I am a bit frusterated with the whole situation, and i'm wondering if anyone else has had the same issue with there TV and or Evolution kit that has a solution on how to fix it.

Thank you for your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Antithesis
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I can confirm that this issue is fixed along with the netflix issue. As the original poster in the forum i'm marking this as solved. Thank you everyone involved for there help in getting this fixed

View solution in context

135 Replies
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Do you have any transaction numbers that I may reference to look into this? ^Justin 

0 Likes
Antithesis
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Unfortunately i don't, when I talked to them the guy told me he would be able to look up all the information I needed by phone number and not to worry about the transaction number. I did notice that after I do a factory restore when into reinstalling the stock apps to the smart hub when it try's to install the gamefly streaming app I get a 208 error. There are people in other forums that are having the same issue as well 😕

0 Likes
galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

i'm in same situation. I have a transaction number.

0 Likes
BloatedCorpse
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I called earlier...same problem with Evo kit 3500...Samsung tech told me to send back Evo kit, but I don't believe it's a hardware issue and more a server or firmware issue.  I just installed Evo kit a few days ago.

0 Likes
Antithesis
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am still having this issue as well. It appears that either gamefly or the playstation now app get stuck in an install loop. Its rather localized at least to the us/canda. A couple of the guys on the other forums have gotten replacements and there replacements also have an issue, so i don't think its an issue with the device, i think its something to do with samsungs servers.... 

0 Likes
heyjude
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

i have the same issue - keep getting "Smart Hub is being updated, try again later".. After 2 hours on the phone with 2 different so-called "techs", nothing was fixed.  He remotely reset the TV twice, then said i need to contact Samsung for a tech to come out.  We have a 5 yr warranty that cost us $400, but when I called for a repair ticket, I was told software is NOT covered, and it will cost me $175 for the guy to walk into my house, another $100 to diagnose, then after that, I have no idea what it will cost.  BIG ripoff.  I am now researching, as I was seeing someone reset their TV to change the country to some far out land, then again reset to change it back to US and it solved the issue.  I just can't seem to get to the part where I can change the country.  Very frustrating.  Please let me know if anyone has an answer on how to recover this "SMART" HUB.  Sounds more stupid to me.

0 Likes
Benkc
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Same problem over 1 week since new SEK-3500. Talked to supervisor & 2 plebes in 3 days (ticket #'s 2144257871, 21442570299, 2144274218) and did pay $135 for Samsung tech to come out . Samsung needs to fix the servers!

0 Likes
galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Smiley Very Happy I got mine! Turn TV off unplug power wait for red LED to go off. (Or push power button) On the Router in the firewall settings URL page. I blocked cloudfront.net

Turn TV on now let it load. (2 minutes) 

Open Apps. Should have no pictures on the Apps. But you should be able to see a Download button now.

Now unblock cloudfront.net. (Delete it)

Turn off TV. Turn on TV. No more BOOTLOOP. ENJOY.

Antithesis
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This works for some people, but not others. It also doesn't really fix the underlying issue. This just causes that app that is stuck in an install loop get cleared out, and never actually install... (i'm guessing that you don't have either the gamefly app or the playstation now app both of which are installed by default). It does let you download other applications though which is a huge plus from where i'm currently at. I mean i would say screw the Playstation Now app and the gamefly app, if i could only just get plex to install

0 Likes