Original topic:

Suggestion: Sharing the qr code link from quick share using NFC

(Topic created: Monday)
Ayman56
Asteroid
Options

It should be possible to transfer a link to ANY other phone with NFC using this way no matter if it is an android or iPhone, it’s the same thing with payments cards but instead of transferring information to the payment terminal it transfers a link to another phone.

This would help Quick Share stand out amongst every other wireless sharing method and would instantly be a hit with the general public due to the coolness factor and how easy and fast it is.

4 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@Ayman56 Transferring payment card information to another phone seems like a huge potential security and fraud issue. 

0 Likes
Ayman56
Asteroid
Options

I never said payment information would be shared, that's just the example I used of using nfc to pay, doing the same thing with two phones should only share the qr code link.

Paying someone phone to phone using nfc shouldn't even share information in the first place because the credit card details the terminal(and in this case the phone) recieve are randomized and not real.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@Ayman56 "I never said payment information would be shared,..."

You said "...but instead of transferring information to the payment terminal it transfers a link to another phone."

That is payment information. The card number used for that transaction is essentially linked to your real CC number. If it was not, you wouldn't be able to make the transaction. 

0 Likes
Ayman56
Asteroid
Options

My guy, the link I meant was the qr code link, I used payment as an example.

If it helps you understand then just ignore everything payment related I said, just transferring a qr code link to another phone using nfc, nothing to do with payment.

0 Likes