JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Trouble syncing Samsung Notes between Galaxy Tab s4 and Galaxy s10

(Topic created: 02-24-2023 01:31 PM)
DJSomers
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hi. Up until a couple of days ago I had no problem syncing between my 2 devices. Today, I learned from Samsung that the s4 is no longer compatible with syncing Samsung Notes to the s10  even though the version of both Notes is the same.  At this point I haven't run into any sync issues with other apps. 

Has anyone else run into this problem? I knew it was about time to get a new tablet as I'm starting to run out of storage, but I had planned to wait another year, or until I was out of space.   

Thanks.

0 Likes
13 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

That is great news, glad that you got it resolved. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
DJSomers
Cosmic Ray
Options

Bill, I can no longer post here and add attachments using my tablet. (Plus, screenshots show my email addresses.) I'm on my laptop now. Thanks for the above instructions. Everything you suggested above is fine on the s10 phone. No such luck on the Tab s4. My Accounts and backup window is the same as yours above on the Tab s4. When I go to Accounts, there is no Samsung Cloud, Gallery, or Samsung Notes listed. Samsung Account IS listed and when I click to go there, the info under "Devices" is correct.  Spotify is the only Linked Account that shows and there is no option to add an account.  Under "Samsung apps and services", Samsung Notes are not listed and there is no Sync option on the page. No way to add an app and be able to Sync it.

I really appreciate all the effort you have made to help, but I think this is a lost cause at this point. I just won't be able to use Notes on my tablet, which is really disappointing. I'm not in a position to purchase a new tablet now, plus I don't like being forced to do so if I want to be able to use my tablet as I have always done. I double  checked and the tablet is "up-to-date" although there has been no update for it since May 2022.  

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Well, I really believe that it has nothing to do with the S10-Tab S4 as Samsung told you.  Mine is working perfectly. 

What you can do is try a Factory Reset and see if that returns things to how they are supposed to be.  I would not restore any backup initially until I was sure that the tablet was working right after the factory reset. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
DJSomers
Cosmic Ray
Options

Oh boy! "Factory Reset" has always scared me to death, so I have never done it on any of my devices. It always takes me SO long to set up a new device, even using Samsung Smart Switch. Settings are restored, but not my personal settings, like Notification tone alerts, for example. I consider myself "elementary school level" with my electronics/devices, but with the kids today, I may have reverted to Kindergarten level.  🙂     I don't know if I'll get up the nerve, or have the time, to do it, but I do thank you for the suggestion.

0 Likes