Original topic:

Trustd app

(Topic created: yesterday)
Smead67
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Is Trustd app a virus?? I down loaded thinking it's security I think my cells hacked or something. HELP
7 Replies
Options
Never heard of it. Is it actually spelled Trustd?
Smead67
Asteroid
Options
Yes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options

According to Bing, it's a legitimate protection app. What is happening that makes you think you're being hacked?  Protection apps, by their very nature, take over some parts of your phone and acts as a device administrator (or else they cannot function). If you downloaded from the Play store, it's supposed to have been checked by Play Protect, so you can consider it a legitimate app.  If you downloaded it from some site other than the developer's site or the Play store, you could have a counterfeit.

Smead67
Asteroid
Options
Installed security cams...couple hours later they are deleted, caught "Motorola 2022" on my router several times, logged in xfinity acct, my profile was deleted and Motorola 2022 had all my devices linked to them, my phone my tablet & security cams.
0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
Would choose another app and uninstall that one
Smead67
Asteroid
Options
Thank you
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Was this happening before you installed the app, or just came to light after? Xfinity is supposed to have advanced protecttions on their routers/system. Security cameras appear to have the biggest security holes for entry points into a network.
0 Likes