Original topic:

Viewing software for SNH-V6410PN smartcam; app no longer supported

(Topic created: a month ago)
CamasDon
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

What viewing software that is compatible.  Wisenet reports incompatibility in July 2024. 

27 Replies
userra
Sun
Options
I'm not sure about a computer, but it's available on apps for Samsung phones I read. The filtering are from a Google search so don't know if it's accurate iSpring Suite, HRMantra, Classpro, Adobe Captivate Prime, Akrivia HCM, BYJU'S, Zoho People
0 Likes
neo70
Asteroid
Options

None of those apps are IP camera viewers....   so, still no options.  Samsung is no help either.

userra
Sun
Options
Really, that's what Google Gemini said. Maybe it is a honey pot .
0 Likes
Constellation
Options
I see my camera is not supported anymore in July. I guess I'll never buy a Samsung camera again. Maybe this will be my last Samsung phone also. Why would I stay with a company that doesn't support my products
My Account
Constellation
Options

True

0 Likes
neo70
Asteroid
Options

Yup, my V6414 cameras were all 'bricks' this morning (July 8, 2024) as promised by the notice on the SmartCam+ App...   Now what?  Am I expected to just buy new cameras?  

I have ALWAYS bought Samsung TV's...  I will be rethinking that decision in the future.

userra
Sun
Options
I have an old camera and pointed the flash at my iPad once, and it unlocked it, or was just good luck.
neo70
Asteroid
Options

So what does Samsung expect the owners of Samsung IP webcams that are no longer supported in the SmartCam+ app (V6410, V6414, etc) to use? 

Can someone please suggest some apps that will work with these 'bricked' IP cameras.

Thanks Samsung... 😞

userra
Sun
Options
Can you still use it if it's not supported I mean it just will not have updates I'm assuming. They probably want you to buy a new one, don't they?